Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP MC Version no longer offered?

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

CSP MC Version no longer offered?

Can't find a link on MasterCard.com or anywhere else.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP MC Version no longer offered?

Maybe app in branch or call? What about app in branch and get 2k spend req for bonus?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 10
Radek7752
Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

When I was ready to apply for my CSP last month, I wanted the Mastercard version and much to my dismay, it was removed from the MC website. I was instantly approved for the Visa Signature version and a few days later called the number in my approval e-mail. The rep was able to convert it to the World Mastercard and I kept the sign up bonus. Fast forward to today, I have both the World Mastercard and Visa Signature fully functional accessing the same pool of credit with both showing up on my homepage upon logging in.It's very convenient when certain places only accept MC, or only accept Visa for some odd reason. Only the Mastercard reports to my credit reports, but any use of the Visa will impact the utilization and available credit of the MC.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Radek7752 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

When I was ready to apply for my CSP last month, I wanted the Mastercard version and much to my dismay, it was removed from the MC website. I was instantly approved for the Visa Signature version and a few days later called the number in my approval e-mail. The rep was able to convert it to the World Mastercard and I kept the sign up bonus. Fast forward to today, I have both the World Mastercard and Visa Signature fully functional accessing the same pool of credit with both showing up on my homepage upon logging in.It's very convenient when certain places only accept MC, or only accept Visa for some odd reason. Only the Mastercard reports to my credit reports, but any use of the Visa will impact the utilization and available credit of the MC.

I was going to say this, I did the same with my Chase Freedom.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

I asked via secured message and they told me I could not have both cards on the same account. How must one position this to get it done?
Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

So the mc version can no longer be applied for?

Can I convert mine to MC, close out the visa completely, and then reapply for the visa version?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:
I asked via secured message and they told me I could not have both cards on the same account. How must one position this to get it done?

So you would have to drop the visa for MC right?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Radek7752
Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

It isn't something you can really ask for. I think the only reason I have it is because of an error on Chase's end. I'm willing to bet you will have to decide between the Visa or MC.

Message 8 of 10
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Yeah they told me I could switch, but for some reason I'd just rather have the visa. Maybe bc I've never had a mc before.

Maybe I should try calling?
Message 9 of 10
Radek7752
Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:
Yeah they told me I could switch, but for some reason I'd just rather have the visa. Maybe bc I've never had a mc before.

Maybe I should try calling?

Although some users have had a lot of success using secured messages to achieve results, I have always been one to call. The dedicated CSP line is extremely inviting and they are effective at problem solving. I mainly opted for the World Mastercard because I really like the silver MC logo on the CSP, and I have never had a World Mastercard. I have way too many Visas in relation to Mastercards in my drawer/wallet.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.