Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Metal...

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP Review

@mxp114 wrote:

Eh tbh a lot of people simply want the card for the metal and that's fine too. There are people that want WE for the silver logo or a card for a specific look/design or perceived prestige. Does it really matter anyway? People here obsess about colors, logos, materials so nothing should surprise anyone anymore. Enjoy your CSP!

I am actually considering getting the CSP plastic version of the card, at times, there is way too much attention towards me.

People actually talk more about the card than my actual order...

I like the CSP card because of the benefits, I dine out a lot, especially the 3x Friday is amazing!

Also this upcoming year for international charges, the CSP will be a good card to have since no FTF...thank god.

So far the 40,000 bonus has paid off big time, I think I am set for this holiday season and the gifts I will be getting. Smiley Happy

Back to OP, sorry that you are disappointed, but hey, it's a nice card when you touch it compared to 98% of the other cards.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 11 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Eh tbh a lot of people simply want the card for the metal and that's fine too. There are people that want WE for the silver logo or a card for a specific look/design or perceived prestige. Does it really matter anyway? People here obsess about colors, logos, materials so nothing should surprise anyone anymore. Enjoy your CSP!

I am actually considering getting the CSP plastic version of the card, at times, there is way too much attention towards me.

People actually talk more about the card than my actual order...

I like the CSP card because of the benefits, I dine out a lot, especially the 3x Friday is amazing!

Also this upcoming year for international charges, the CSP will be a good card to have since no FTF...thank god.

So far the 40,000 bonus has paid off big time, I think I am set for this holiday season and the gifts I will be getting. Smiley Happy

Back to OP, sorry that you are disappointed, but hey, it's a nice card when you touch it compared to 98% of the other cards.

Where are you people at anyways? It gets some comments, but not as much as some on here would have you believe. Perhaps it's a more common card in these parts?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 33
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I have only had maybe 10 people comment on the card's weight. I have had plenty of people look at the card an extra moment or two and turn it over because the card numbers are not on the front. But its not like everytime I pay, people ewww and awww. Also how often do you really hand your card over anymore, unless your dining in a resturant, most places have you swip it yourself. (Even some restuants have you pay at the table with those presto machines now so the waiter/waitress never even takes the card).

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 13 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

Yeah I have only had maybe 10 people comment on the card's weight. I have had plenty of people look at the card an extra moment or two and turn it over because the card numbers are not on the front. But its not like everytime I pay, people ewww and awww. Also how often do you really hand your card over anymore, unless your dining in a resturant, most places have you swip it yourself. (Even some restuants have you pay at the table with those presto machines now so the waiter/waitress never even takes the card).

+1. That's how most things are done here, and there aren't many places where they'll put the card into the machine for you. Most normal transactions are self-serve (supermarkets, petrol stations, cinemas, many restaurants, etc.)

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 33
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Yeah same here with all the self-serve hell even the grocery stores are starting to phase out cashiers entirely and doing self-checkout here in Florida.  Considering you used the word petrol I'm guessing your in the UK or Australia?

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 15 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

Yeah same here with all the self-serve hell even the grocery stores are starting to phase out cashiers entirely and doing self-checkout here in Florida.  Considering you used the word petrol I'm guessing your in the UK or Australia?

I'm (currently) in the land of kangaroos Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Related to all this card talk, I can remember when giving someone the American Express Platinum Card brought looks. Today, I virtually don't give the card to anyone. Self service so other than hotels and an eatery once in awhile, I do not share the card.
Message 17 of 33
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Ahh one day I hope to visit your kangaroo inhabited island but just the thought of a 26hr+ plane ride makes me quiver, and that's flying in first class.  People that fly economy to the land down under from the East coast of the U.S. deserve a medal or something.  Wish they brought back the Concorde and had route to New Zeland and Auss....I promised my better half we will visit both places once in our lives.

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 18 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

Ahh one day I hope to visit your kangaroo inhabited island but just the thought of a 26hr+ plane ride makes me quiver, and that's flying in first class.  People that fly economy to the land down under from the East coast of the U.S. deserve a medal or something.  Wish they brought back the Concorde and had route to New Zeland and Auss....I promised my better half we will visit both places once in our lives.

Ah I remember flying on the concorde! That feels like ages ago though, and I definitely don't see those coming back anytime soon.

The trip can be VERY long and quite painful. After a couple of flights in economy several years ago, we swore never to do that again and won't fly anything less than business for international flights. We also usually stopover somewhere in Asia, so the trip isn't as bad given that it's broken up into smaller pieces with a significant layover (2-4 weeks). Have you thought about that as an option?

We'll be making the trip back to the US again next month, and I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

Also if you do make the trip eventually, I hope you're not coming for the 'roos. There's a reason we make them into dog food (among other things).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 19 of 33
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i have never got command for my csp maybe because live ny.

>
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.