Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Min Spend 4k - 3 months question.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

CSP - Min Spend 4k - 3 months question.

So a question to you all...  Or will Chase put a big Target on my head if I do this or is it considered unethical or frowned upon?

I am thinking about adding my parents as AU users on my CSP as they shop a ton and can help me meet the minimun spend, probably can do it in a month easly with there help or 3 months on my ownSmiley Happy...

Question being would Chase frown upon me doing this to get the Point bonus for minimum spend?  I know they encourage AU by 5k points, but would they kinda freak out meeting it so quickly if I was to do this?  

My parents have tons of credit and use points themselves for trips/etc... I taked to them today and they are willing to throw spend on my CC as an AU for a month if I would like... Thoughts?  I assume the spend through an AU account would count towards the min spend on the primary account holders account to meet bonus?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP - Min Spend 4k - 3 months question.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So a question to you all...  Or will Chase put a big Target on my head if I do this or is it considered unethical or frowned upon?

I am thinking about adding my parents as AU users on my CSP as they shop a ton and can help me meet the minimun spend, probably can do it in a month easly with there help or 3 months on my ownSmiley Happy...

Question being would Chase frown upon me doing this to get the Point bonus for minimum spend?  I know they encourage AU by 5k points, but would they kinda freak out meeting it so quickly if I was to do this?  

My parents have tons of credit and use points themselves for trips/etc... I taked to them today and they are willing to throw spend on my CC as an AU for a month if I would like... Thoughts?  I assume the spend through an AU account would count towards the min spend on the primary account holders account to meet bonus?

Why would they freak out? Do it!

Message 2 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why would they freak out? Do it!

Do it!!!!!

I just added my sister as an AU to my brand new ritz account just so she could get the primary CDW when she rents cars. Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just checking is all... you know they have been pretty sensitive recently about bonuses and all.. I will still give my CSP alot of love while in europe with no FTF... Side note I gave my freedom about 150 in love the last to days since I knew I was apping for this and the recent chase closures Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So an AU card would count to my 4k spend correct?  obviously they would just cut me a check or transfer me the money to pay for say 2.5k of spend or whatever they did in a month.   I would love to cancel it after they met it, but that would look a bit fishy lol.. When i say cancel it i mean the AU cards, not mine... I am an AU user on a few of there Chase accounts, but hell if I am going to be giving them any points/spend i got my own to worry aboutSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So an AU card would count to my 4k spend correct?  obviously they would just cut me a check or transfer me the money to pay for say 2.5k of spend or whatever they did in a month.   I would love to cancel it after they met it, but that would look a bit fishy lol... I am an AU user on a few of there Chase accounts, but hell if I am going to be giving them any points/spend i got my own to worry aboutSmiley Happy

The cards all have the same account number

Message 6 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yeppers think I am going to do this... I doubt they would overnight the cards to my parents like they are doing for me Smiley Happy...  The sooner the spending the better!  

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeppers think I am going to do this... I doubt they would overnight the cards to my parents like they are doing for me Smiley Happy...  The sooner the spending the better!  

If they will if you call the CSP line.

Message 8 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm 99.9999999992% sure they will overnight them for you. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm 99.9999999992% sure they will overnight them for you. 

You are .9999999992% too sure.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.