cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Min Spend 4k - 3 months question.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP - Min Spend 4k - 3 months question.

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeppers think I am going to do this... I doubt they would overnight the cards to my parents like they are doing for me Smiley Happy...  The sooner the spending the better!  

If they will if you call the CSP line.

I'm 99.9999999992% sure they will overnight them for you. 

You are .9999999992% too sure.

LOL, isn't math wonderful

Message 11 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just be sure to balance your spending with those of theirs.  Just because the account # is the same, each card is coded (mag stripe) with their information so Chase can effectively tell who's card is being swiped.  By the same token, do not cancel their cards right after meeting the spending bonus frenzy and keep using your card as normal.  Remember, no one knows what algorithms are tripped and since you are technically not able to make the spending on your own, you definitely don't want to bring any unnecessary attention.  But, there's nothing wrong with them contributing toward the same goal.

Message 12 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Also, adding as AUs "joins" the credit record together, on this card, so make sure that everyone is aware of the possible implications,  balances can impact their credit scores, and adds a new account to their CRs.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Also, adding as AUs "joins" the credit record together, on this card, so make sure that everyone is aware of the possible implications,  balances can impact their credit scores.

Until you remove them.

Message 14 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Also, adding as AUs "joins" the credit record together, on this card, so make sure that everyone is aware of the possible implications,  balances can impact their credit scores.

Until you remove them.

Right, but as FinStar said, you might not want to do a quick removal

Message 15 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

Just be sure to balance your spending with those of theirs.  Just because the account # is the same, each card is coded (mag stripe) with their information so Chase can effectively tell who's card is being swiped.  By the same token, do not cancel their cards right after meeting the spending bonus frenzy and keep using your card as normal.  Remember, no one knows what algorithms are tripped and since you are technically not able to make the spending on your own, you definitely don't want to bring any unnecessary attention.  But, there's nothing wrong with them contributing toward the same goal.

Oh I agree with everything you said, except the part I can meet the spending requirement on my own.. It would just be easier having others helpSmiley Happy..  I agree, ya deffinetly not going to cancel there card afterwards as that would or could set of all kinds of alarm bells and make them unhappy and no need to have that!  Thanks for the input.

Message 16 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I am aware of this and they are aware of this .. There scores are over 800's with 200-250k in available credit and small utilization so even a few k in spend isn't really going to change there CR at all if it reports.  

Message 17 of 19
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So a question to you all...  Or will Chase put a big Target on my head if I do this or is it considered unethical or frowned upon?

I am thinking about adding my parents as AU users on my CSP as they shop a ton and can help me meet the minimun spend, probably can do it in a month easly with there help or 3 months on my ownSmiley Happy...

Question being would Chase frown upon me doing this to get the Point bonus for minimum spend?  I know they encourage AU by 5k points, but would they kinda freak out meeting it so quickly if I was to do this?  

My parents have tons of credit and use points themselves for trips/etc... I taked to them today and they are willing to throw spend on my CC as an AU for a month if I would like... Thoughts?  I assume the spend through an AU account would count towards the min spend on the primary account holders account to meet bonus?

Why would they freak out? Do it!

Do it!!!!!

I just added my sister as an AU to my brand new ritz account just so she could get the primary CDW when she rents cars. Smiley Tongue 

Hi 

r u sure, AU's get the CDW for car rentals ?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 18 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So a question to you all...  Or will Chase put a big Target on my head if I do this or is it considered unethical or frowned upon?

I am thinking about adding my parents as AU users on my CSP as they shop a ton and can help me meet the minimun spend, probably can do it in a month easly with there help or 3 months on my ownSmiley Happy...

Question being would Chase frown upon me doing this to get the Point bonus for minimum spend?  I know they encourage AU by 5k points, but would they kinda freak out meeting it so quickly if I was to do this?  

My parents have tons of credit and use points themselves for trips/etc... I taked to them today and they are willing to throw spend on my CC as an AU for a month if I would like... Thoughts?  I assume the spend through an AU account would count towards the min spend on the primary account holders account to meet bonus?

Why would they freak out? Do it!

Do it!!!!!

I just added my sister as an AU to my brand new ritz account just so she could get the primary CDW when she rents cars. Smiley Tongue 

Hi 

r u sure, AU's get the CDW for car rentals ?

Yes, I even called and checked, and it says so in the benefit guide. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.