Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Odds

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

CSP Odds

Sorry, another one of these threads I know..but I need the advice!

Inquiries: EX 7 EQ 8 TU 1

1 in the last 6 months on EX (2/2014)

Income. Will probably list 60k. Not sure how much this matters as my friend got a 12k CSP on 12k income. Though his internal score is probably very high.

All major derogs will be gone by February 2015. Only thing left will be 2 30 day lates and 1 60 day. Paid collection falling off this month (TU) and already off EX and EQ.

I want to get a high starting limit, and then reallocate it after a year to my Freedom, or Freedom and my Amazon, if I decide to keep it. Basically doing it for sign up bonus.

Thoughts?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CSP Odds

@Shock wrote:

Income. Will probably list 60k. Not sure how much this matters as my friend got a 12k CSP on 12k income. Though his internal score is probably very high.

All major derogs will be gone by February 2015. Only thing left will be 2 30 day lates and 1 60 day. Paid collection falling off this month (TU) and already off EX and EQ.

I want to get a high starting limit, and then reallocate it after a year to my Freedom, or Freedom and my Amazon, if I decide to keep it. Basically doing it for sign up bonus.

Thoughts?

80%+ since your current cardholder

Message 2 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

You think it's that high? Is this percentage for instant approval or recon? My income is going to be a little exaggerated. Will this matter if I have to recon? 

I want to wait until my AMEX reports the updated CL and until the quarter is over. I'm going to be milking the 5% on restaurants where a good portion of my spends go!

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I think you have a good chance. Chase takes existing relationship into account and in my experience their AF cards have been easier for approval than non-AF.
Message 4 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

What do you mean by exaggerated income?
Message 5 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Shock wrote:

Thoughts?

Based on your profile, I, too, think that you have a pretty good chance.  However, what's your actual income?  Don't exaggerate about your income just to be approved for the card if your income is not $60k, because that's straight up lying.  It doesn't matter if your friend got approved for $12k w/ 12k income, that's your friend..not you. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Shock wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You think it's that high? Is this percentage for instant approval or recon? My income is going to be a little exaggerated. Will this matter if I have to recon? 

I want to wait until my AMEX reports the updated CL and until the quarter is over. I'm going to be milking the 5% on restaurants where a good portion of my spends go!

Do you mine elaborating?

Message 7 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

As in...I will put 60k, but on my Freedom app, I put 40k

@09Lexie wrote:

Do you mine elaborating?

Message 8 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I think you have a good chance. Chase takes existing relationship into account and in my experience their AF cards have been easier for approval than non-AF.

So you think I have a good chance, but it's going to be harder because the CSP has an annuel fee?

Message 9 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

Thank you for the responses. Do my scores and inquiries look okay?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.