Re: CSP Probability

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

This time, next time you'll be faster.

Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If my math is correct, you've been an AU on the oldest line since you were 13?  And, your most recent individual CCs are ~4 months in age?  Chances would be trivial though since Chase typically does not consider (or excludes) AU history altogether...and the CSP is not exactly Freedom.  I'm going to ask Miss Cleo...

Message 12 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TXaggie17 wrote:

Yes, but every pre-qual site I've used never comes up with anything. I don't know if it's because I am under 21?

Also should note, the 10k limit on my AMEX was the initial instant approval limit if that means anything.

While this may be the case for AMEX, their underwriting criteria is a lot different than Chase.  I would agree with CreditScholar on this one...Just my 2c.

Message 13 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not only will Chase may take issue with the oldest acct but your Slate is almost @50% util. You might have reached your internal cl with Chase.
Message 14 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I disagree with all of these posters and think you've got a moderate chance. You don't have a lot of credit really and lately people with<1 year aaoa, low incomes, and low cls have been getting Sapphire. Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would respectfully disagree.  As Lexie mentioned above, Chase does not take AU history into consideration and there is also the moderate utilization factor, not too mention a "thin" file by non-AU standards.  So, OP if you want to test your luck (which is the only way you'll know for sure) - go for it!

Message 16 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, an analyst wont consider an AU account, but your fico will, so unless you recon or it goes to a manual review it will be considered ime.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

But the majority of us think you should not attempt  with such a short history and less than 6 month with your own credit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, do you bank with Chase? How long have you been carrying the bal on Slate?
Message 19 of 32
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

I'm trying to figure out how the OP was able to get a $10k AMEX with a thin file. It's also a huge jump to go from the Slate to their high tier non-cobranded card as the CSP with a short AAoA.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.