Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Questions

tag
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

CSP Questions

I just got approved for the CSP last Thursday. Knowing it was a holiday I waited until Friday morning to call and request expedited shipping. The rep stated the card had already shipped and would take 3-5 days. He stated he could expedite and it would take 2-3 days. To minimize confusion I told him not to issue a second card (it would only save me 2 days max after all). Come yesterday I get an email stating my CSP has shipped. I called and the rep stated it had just shipped and I would receive it in 3-5 days. Seems like I remember reading a lot of posts about getting overnight or priority shipment. Has something changed.Whem does the clock start ticking for my spending bonus? I have to admit, the confusion with the reps hasnt left me with a confident feeling regarding the customer service but maybe this is a one off. All I know is that discover overnighted my card without request.
NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP Questions

I apped for Discover, BCP, and CSP a few months ago on a Tuesday and got all 3 at the same time the next Monday. When I apped for my Marriott card a month or so ago I called about an hour or 2 later and asked for it to be expedited but the rep said that I had to wait for the card to show up in my account before I could make that request. Didnt make much sense to me so I just waited for regular shipping.
Message 2 of 7
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Thanks Gator that makes me feel better, I was thinking it was just me.
NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

The clock starts ticking on approval, but I am pretty sure that Chase gives you an unofficial grace period to allow for the fact that it takes some time to get the card to you.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

The clock starts ticking on approval, but I am pretty sure that Chase gives you an unofficial grace period to allow for the fact that it takes some time to get the card to you.

My account opening date was 10/26/2013, and when I called the rep told me I had until 02/10/2014 to complete the $3K spend, so at least for me it's a 2-week cushion.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I'd give a bigger buffer around any holiday.  The cards don't ship instantly even without a holiday.  If you want expedited shipping you'd have to request it before the card goes out.

Not sure why the first rep told you it already shipped.  My experience with CSP CS has been excellent.  Be careful assuming trends based on a single data point/incident no matter what the topic.  Excitement & anticipation are certainly understandable but relax and enjoy your CSP when you get it.

Message 6 of 7
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

I'd give a bigger buffer around any holiday.  The cards don't ship instantly even without a holiday.  If you want expedited shipping you'd have to request it before the card goes out.

Not sure why the first rep told you it already shipped.  My experience with CSP CS has been excellent.  Be careful assuming trends based on a single data point/incident no matter what the topic.  Excitement & anticipation are certainly understandable but relax and enjoy your CSP when you get it.

Thanks for the advice.  Hope my first post didn't come off as smug.  As I stated earlier, I'm sure it was just a one off, I think I just had a different expectation based on my experience with other companies.  Given that was my first interaction, it threw me off a little.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.