Did you mean: 

CSP - Rewards Program Changes

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: CSP - Rewards Program Changes

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

I just received notice in the mail that Chase Sapphire Preferred will no longer offer 2x UR points on airfare and hotel accommodations booked through Chase.com/UltimateRewards as of 1/1/2016! See below. 

So currently CSP offers 3x points for booking through the UR Portal.  When 1/1/2016 rolls around you will lose the extra point making it 2x points when booking through the UR Portal.  So where does it say the CSP will no longer offer 2x UR Points when booking through Chase UR?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are accurate:

https://www.chase.com/ccpmweb/shared/document/sapphire_preferred_english_programrules.pdf

Which is 2x, but where is the 10% back for travel purchases offered by many other cards?

Guess they went with this instead of raising the annual fee.  So now it's on par, just whether you want to transfer points to partners, or have flexibility in travel options.

Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

I just received notice in the mail that Chase Sapphire Preferred will no longer offer 2x UR points on airfare and hotel accommodations booked through Chase.com/UltimateRewards as of 1/1/2016! See below. 

So currently CSP offers 3x points for booking through the UR Portal.  When 1/1/2016 rolls around you will lose the extra point making it 2x points when booking through the UR Portal.  So where does it say the CSP will no longer offer 2x UR Points when booking through Chase UR?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My mistake. You are correct. Airfare and hotel accommodations paid via CSP will continue to earn 2x UR points. I have edited my orginal post to correct my error. Thank you!

That's not as bad, but it still sucks.

I can sort of understand this because they have been getting rid of most of the portals in the UR mall. I think they only one that is worth still using is hotels.com. I know it kind of sucks buts its not all doom and gloom. 

mong, what do you use for you hotel stays within the U.S.???

i'm contemplating the Marriott right now for this purpose. anything better???

right now i don't have an dedicated card for that purpose, I have an UR cards for that purpose i think hyatt gives best value. To me hilton and marriot points are worth less than 1 cpp. I would never use any UR points for marriot or MR points for hilton. The value just isn't there for me. I would think about getting an spg or DC card for hotels they have much better choice of partners. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

My mistake. You are correct. Airfare and hotel accommodations paid via CSP will continue to earn 2x UR points. I have edited my orginal post to correct my error. Thank you!

I can sort of understand this because they have been getting rid of most of the portals in the UR mall. I think they only one that is worth still using is hotels.com. I know it kind of sucks buts its not all doom and gloom. 

right now i don't have an dedicated card for that purpose, I have an UR cards for that purpose i think hyatt gives best value. To me hilton and marriot points are worth less than 1 cpp. I would never use any UR points for marriot or MR points for hilton. The value just isn't there for me. I would think about getting an spg or DC card for hotels they have much better choice of partners. 

SPG or DCE are supposed to be pretty good there.

But DCE has that $300 AF.

Message 23 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

Yeah i am no thrilled about DCE AF with no signup bonus lol. DCP and SPG i find could be pretty comparable. They both have some nice transfer partners. Too bad neither programs have bonus spending you have to go with DCE for those :-(

Message 24 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

Yeah i am no thrilled about DCE AF with no signup bonus lol. DCP and SPG i find could be pretty comparable. They both have some nice transfer partners. Too bad neither programs have bonus spending you have to go with DCE for those :-(

My feelings exactly. That, and the fact that I hadn't asked the wife yet is the reason I'd applied for the Premier vs the Elite.

Message 25 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I got this in the mail too. It's not even worth it to keep the card after AF is up and my 40k bonus lol. 

Message 26 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

@hiro905 wrote:

@WLRK11 wrote:

My feelings exactly. That, and the fact that I hadn't asked the wife yet is the reason I'd applied for the Premier vs the Elite.

If i were to apply for one it probably would be spg , but i haven't done nearly enough research on the partners, DC seems to give an lot more hotel partners. On the surface i only looked at 65 vs 95 AF for very similar cards. 

Message 27 of 61
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I wonder if they are nerf in the chase sapphire too, though Mong indicated the portal might not be that enticing anyway (don't have one, so can't see. Just found out today about Amex's free shop runner membership, and slowly learning about the other perks in the program).
Signature needs updating
Message 28 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I wonder if they are nerf in the chase sapphire too, though Mong indicated the portal might not be that enticing anyway (don't have one, so can't see. Just found out today about Amex's free shop runner membership, and slowly learning about the other perks in the program).

AMEX is stepping it up in everything but the Lifetime bonus limit and the fact they STILL don't give any type of free FICO score, Unless you count pressing CLI button daily and getting a letter a few days later a free FICO score.

Message 29 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Correct me if i am wrong with regular CS you never got 2x on travel anyways only on dining ? I will have to see how this all plays out, maybe chase thinks they are losing out money by people booking thru the travel portals. Who knows really? It seems like more an UR thing than an CSP only thing ? 

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.