Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP UR Mall Question

tag
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

CSP UR Mall Question

Those of you who have been using the UR Mall, are you aware if you still obtain points if you go to the website from the UR mall and use Paypal (my CSP is my default) for payment?

I've been doing a lot of my shopping through the UR Mall with hotels, etc.  My first statement date hasn't cut yet and I saw where it states it can take up to 8 weeks to apply the points, but since August, I haven't seen 1 point credited and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? Do you guys see them at statement cut or do your points hit mid cycle? How do you keep up with tracking your points? 

Any advice is great.  I want to make the most of this card, so if I'm doing something wrong now, I'd like to fix it!

Thanks!

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP UR Mall Question

Im not sure that it would work using paypal - I think it basically only clicks if you use your chase card directly.

Only your statement you will see you points for the month from general purchases - on my first Freedom it had my bonus, Q3 gas bonuses, and then the 1% points.
I recently made a purchase through the UR Mall (Lancome and received an email notification that my purchase had received X bonus points from UR mall and I could check that at my activity. To keep track of UR Mall points, just go to the 'Rewards Activity' Tab at the far right and you should be able to see any earning transactions (that have been credited).

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 2 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You don't have to use your Chase card.  There are lots of reports of people getting points for using other CCs, using gift cards, etc.  However, sometimes there are mistakes in crediting points, and if you use an alternate method of payment, you may encounter difficulty getting the points credited because a lot of agents believe that you have to use a Chase card for payment.  So it's a risk you take when you use another form of payment that you might not be able to get the points if something doesn't work out.  That risk may be worth it if you are double/triple dipping.  E.g., you could go through UR mall to travelocity to earn 2x UR points and pay with Amex PRG to get 3 MR points for airfare.  Or there are lots of strategies for going through UR mall to buy gift cards for a merchant and then going back through the UR mall to use the gift cards.  Some merchants will pay points for gift card purchases, others will not.  Check out frequentmiler.com boardingarea.com/frequentmiler for a lot more information on this.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Extra points are void if you use coupons not found on Chase's UR mall. Points are credited after each statement is generated. Also anytime you earn extra points, you should get an email that looks like this.chasepoints.png

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Also, I don't think your points are being credited because you aren't completing the transaction on the merchants website. You leave to complete the transaction via Paypal. The entire transaction has to be completed on the merchants page once you click the link from the UR mall.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Extra points are void if you use coupons not found on Chase's UR mall. Points are credited after each statement is generated. Also anytime you earn extra points, you should get an email that looks like this.chasepoints.png

I believe you only get this if you use a Chase card to complete the transaction.  Could be wrong about that though.

Agree with your other point that paypal might not work because of how the transaction is processed.  I don't have any experience using paypal through UR mall.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I believe you only get this if you use a Chase card to complete the transaction.  Could be wrong about that though.

Agree with your other point that paypal might not work because of how the transaction is processed.  I don't have any experience using paypal through UR mall.

I used my CSP, but via Paypal. For example, I shopped on JCrew. I saw on the UR Mall that it was 5 extra points.  I was spending well over $100 so I thought that was a pretty sweet deal.  I was on the jcrew website checking out and I selected pay with paypal. It brought me to paypal and then back to the jcrew site to complete the transaction.  I guess I'll find out. Or I could call and ask directly to see if I compeltely goofed. But, I did go from the UR Mall and I used my CSP to pay.  It's the linking to paypal that has me curious.

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 7 of 8
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

Since it doesn't seem that anyone has had this similar experience, I just called. She said using paypal (as long as it's via my CSP) that it will work effectively when going through the UR Mall since the charge will end up being applied to my account.  She said they will hit when my statement cuts, so I'm looing forward to seeing what I've accomplished this month!

I was starting to get concerned because I think I've read other posts that said they've posted mid-cycle, but she did say, they will post when a statment cuts, not mid-cyle.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.