Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP UR points to MR or Hyatt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP UR points to MR or Hyatt?

I am booking an upcoming trip for this coming fall, most likely west coast, I have about 35,000 UR points If I transfer them to Marriott, will it be a 1:1 ratio? I'd like to use the Marriott flight and hotel deal where I use the points and they transfer 120k to SWA RR account and I earn companion pass. Or should I transfer to Hyatt for better redemption rate? Any info will help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP UR points to MR or Hyatt?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am booking an upcoming trip for this coming fall, most likely west coast, I have about 35,000 UR points If I transfer them to Marriott, will it be a 1:1 ratio? I'd like to use the Marriott flight and hotel deal where I use the points and they transfer 120k to SWA RR account and I earn companion pass. Or should I transfer to Hyatt for better redemption rate? Any info will help!

So this is pretty simple...calculate the value per point for the Marriott deal and then for Hyatt and see which is better. Hyatt usually but Marriott does have some decent flight and hotel deals if you can use them. Compare a few different properties and see what works best for you. It is impossible for anyone to give you anymore accurate info than that. Good luck

Message 2 of 4
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

+1

I generally find that Hyatt has the best point values, but the only way to actually determine it in your situation would be to calculate the value of each point for Marriott versus Hyatt.  I personally, would go with whichever one gives me the most bang per point.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I transfer them to Marriott, will it be a 1:1 ratio?

From (emphasis added)

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx

1:1Point transfer to participating frequent travel programs, including United MileagePlus® and more
Transfer points to participating frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points. Travel programs include British Airways Executive Club, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hyatt Gold Passport®, IHG® Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-CarltonRewards®.

@Anonymous wrote:

Or should I transfer to Hyatt for better redemption rate? Any info will help!

You need to compare redemptions with each hotel program for your intended stay.  This should be part of your toolset in comparing rewards programs like this.  You have to be able to determine how much value you can get per point with the redemption methods you can use and you should consider this before applying.  Don't just look at earn rates on reward programs such as Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards, Thank You, etc.  You need to look at transfer rates to partners and also look into redemptions with the partners, calculating the value you can get per point.  Run the numbers and compare.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.