All Visa CSP's are Signature; all MC CSP's are World
Message 11 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CSP Visa Siggy

There is (probably) some difference.  However:

a) Many issuers offer some of these on their lower-level cards anyway

b) You may not find them very useful

c) And some don't work as well as you would hope, having to fill in many forms and argue

My other point is that many many people have these, so it's not a big deal in that sense as well.

Of course, there are some who find them very useful, and call the conceirge about every little thing.   

But for me (and therefore for every right-thinking person) not a life-changing thing.

Message 12 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The benefit of the CSP Signature or World MC is in the rewards/sign up bonus. The additional 'benefits' that VISA and MasterCard lend to the higher tier cards IMO are subjective. primary rental car coverage, concierge service or travel insurance has never been a selling point in applying for a credit card. I look at what the actual lender will be rewarding me with its usage. Each lender may at its discretion enhance the Signature and WMC/WEMC but they must at least offer the basic provisions as outlined in various links.
Message 13 of 19
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@TheClub wrote:

I'm not sure.  Technically all Visa Signature cards are supposed to have NPSL. Due to years of complaints from tons of consumers of no CL reporting, some banks gave in and began to set limits.

It'd be best to check with a CapOne rep before you app.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 19
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Question...

I just got approved for a CSP today, how to I know what will it be? VS or WMC? LOL! Is it like having a girl or a boy kind of deal? You just get what you get and that's it... Someone enlighten me please, I until now thought the CSP was only Visa Siggy.
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 15 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

By default, they issue Visa. You have to request the MC version.
Message 16 of 19
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
By default, they issue Visa. You have to request the MC version.

Very well.. I did not know that.. Smiley Happy and thats why we have the veterans of the credit world.. Thank you Lexie. Btw. Would there be anything to gain out of going WMC? Just wondering, cause this would be my second Visa Siggy. Some diversity might help, dont think I have any MC credit cards at all. :/ except for my bank card.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 17 of 19
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on new CSP !!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 19
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@9CLINE wrote:

Congrats on new CSP !!!!Smiley Very Happy

Oh! Hey 9CLINE! Thank you! Im in the club now! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.