Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP a NPSL card as well?

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

CSP a NPSL card as well?

My CSP and Chase Explorer (both Visa Siggy's) just hit my CRs for the first time. It's listed next to my Amex Charge Card as "other unknown category". In addition to being revolvers, do my CSP and Chase Explorer have NPSLs as well?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Joebunaga
New Contributor

Re: CSP a NPSL card as well?

CSP does have a limit, but I can't vouch for Explorer.

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

FICO(Barclay1\22\15) TU: 798 | FICO EX: 780 | FICO EQ(2\12\15):808 | In the Garden from 5/8/14 until ???
UFCU Visa $5k | Cap1 QS $10K | Jetblue Amex $18K | CSP $6.5K | Amex Green (NPSL) | Chase Freedom $18k | Sallie Mae WMC $15.5k| BoA 1-2-3 Visa $7.5k | Amex Everyday $16k | Amex Fidelity $10k |
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They are assigned CL's but they are also flexible spending accounts. Chase may or may not approve charges which exceed your stated CL. 

Message 3 of 9
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

They are assigned CL's but they are also flexible spending accounts. Chase may or may not approve charges which exceed your stated CL. 

Curious Lexie, as I just received my card - I assume they base it on their internal limit? My Freedom is PIF every month (2.5k limit), so if I were to put my tuition charges on my card for the year (~9,000) would it be approved because I have the limit on the Freedom, or would it likely be declined for being about 20% over my stated limit of 7k on the CSP. Just trying to see other's experiences with the NPSL to avoid potential embarassment!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Curious Lexie, as I just received my card - I assume they base it on their internal limit? My Freedom is PIF every month (2.5k limit), so if I were to put my tuition charges on my card for the year (~9,000) would it be approved because I have the limit on the Freedom, or would it likely be declined for being about 20% over my stated limit of 7k on the CSP. Just trying to see other's experiences with the NPSL to avoid potential embarassment!

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the approval. Keep in mind the amount you go over must be paid in full when billed. 

I have not needed to go over mine CL's but I know enharu has several times. 

Maybe he or others will chime in with their experiences

Message 5 of 9
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the approval. Keep in mind the amount you go over must be paid in full when billed. 

I have not needed to go over mine CL's but I know enharu has several times. 

Maybe he or others will chime in with their experiences

Oh ok. So It's not a for-sure 100% NPSL like Amex. I will have to call Chase and find out then...

Message 6 of 9
rlx01
Established Contributor

The flex CL of a Visa Sig is just a gimmick.

It's not something to rely on. More like a courtesy over limit function.
Message 7 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Also to note, anything over the limit must be paid directly.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 8 of 9
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
The flex CL of a Visa Sig is just a gimmick.

It's not something to rely on. More like a courtesy over limit function.

That's what I thought. thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.