Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP again....

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP again....

The downside of repeatedly trying to apply for credit with the same lender is that it makes u look desperate for credit, regardless of whether that may actually be the case.

If they feel that you are exhibiting risky behavior, they might AA you.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The downside of repeatedly trying to apply for credit with the same lender is that it makes u look desperate for credit, regardless of whether that may actually be the case.

If they feel that you are exhibiting risky behavior, they might AA you.

This ^^^^^^^^

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 20
oztsvi
New Contributor

AA me...interesting, and guys thanks for your response.

I really value your opinion, that is why I was asking from the beginning :-) 

Message 13 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP again....J

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or to scare you for the fun of it.

There have been people who got all their accounts closed by chase, GE, citi, American Express etc. because they went overboard. However, there are also people who are fine even after an extended app spree. It really depends on how much of a risk you are willing to put yourself through and whether you think it's worth potentially losing your other account(s) over trying to get 1 more because you couldn't wait.

It honestly boils down to how your CR looks like. If you have a less than ideal CR, which could be due to late payments, short history, high inquiries or whatever the reason(s) might be, it's advisable to play it safe than to try jam things through.

It's entirely up to you. There's no real right or wrong in such situations. If you really want the card now you could always take the plunge and hope for the best. But if it were up to me, the logical decision would be to wait. Just manage your credit well for the next 6-12 months and its almost guaranteed you will get approved. Unless there's some special reason you can't wait for 6-12 months I don't see why you shouldn't.

Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 20
rustystick
New Contributor

since the topic is on csp

so...i had 2 chase accs opened 8 and 6mos ago for slate and amazon.. kinda want csp (have a 6k discover acc. opened 4mos ago) should i appt in 2mos?

aoaa will be 1yr in 2mos
no bads
710ish fico from lender pull
i can pay down util to w/e i want

asking bc i might take out a student loan for masters program and by then my util would be **bleep**....
CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 15 of 20
flyingace
Valued Member

@rustystick wrote:
since the topic is on csp

so...i had 2 chase accs opened 8 and 6mos ago for slate and amazon.. kinda want csp (have a 6k discover acc. opened 4mos ago) should i appt in 2mos?

aoaa will be 1yr in 2mos
no bads
710ish fico from lender pull
i can pay down util to w/e i want

asking bc i might take out a student loan for masters program and by then my util would be **bleep**....

If you're taking out a student loan, isn't that installment, and so wouldn't be counted in util?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 16 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 20
flyingace
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
^^^correct

I only ask b/c I have several and if that was the case, I'd be who-knows-where LOL.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 18 of 20
rustystick
New Contributor

i had no idea Smiley Happy   

didn't have to take one out for undergrad... 

but that would hurt DTI though...    still think my chances are better before the student loan... 

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 19 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

I could be wrong but I thought chase likes to see 9-12 months history from your first card...

Some people have gotten in before that and YMMV

Good luck if you app

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.