Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Amex BCP... Shall I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP and Amex BCP... Shall I apply?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what my general spending is. I can tell you we make alot of purchases on amazon, best buy and some gun places, really hard question to answer. I will tell you our biggest spending is at restaurants and groecries, followed closely by gas. I see that freedom has random times where u get cashback etc from amazon, but Im not sure if I'm willing to wait to hit right times to make purchases...

Message 11 of 52
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:
Unfortunately the cards with higher limits he's only an AU.. I dont see a Csp chase doesn't consider AUs

my highest limit at the time when i got my csp was 3k with discover. Honestly its really not that hard to get a csp. Ive seen people on here get a 11k csp and get denied for a sams club mastercard and only get the store version. Chase has given me 19.2k in credit lines over 4 cards in less than a year time. I make about 40k a year and my fico score is not even over 700.

And one more thing for the OP a 2015 corvette with a combined income of 110k not a very good idea. You should finance about 35% of your income so unless you have a trade in or a large down payment i personally would not reccomend buying that much car with that income. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 12 of 52
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what my general spending is. I can tell you we make alot of purchases on amazon, best buy and some gun places, really hard question to answer. I will tell you our biggest spending is at restaurants and groecries, followed closely by gas. I see that freedom has random times where u get cashback etc from amazon, but Im not sure if I'm willing to wait to hit right times to make purchases...

apply for the freedom right now!!! If chase only pulled EX you should get it no problem with no other pull!

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

bigblue, thanks for the response. We have a hefty down payment going on that car, so it won't be too high. I'm willing to squeeze a little hard on a dream car.

Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

freedom or sally mae!?!?!?

sally mae sounds really good too!

at this rate, I might just cancel my creditone and capitalone, this many cards are scaring me!

Message 15 of 52
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

bigblue, thanks for the response. We have a hefty down payment going on that car, so it won't be too high. I'm willing to squeeze a little hard on a dream car.

Save a few thousand and get a Dodge Challenger Hellcat.  You'll still have over 700hp from the factory with money in your pocket.  Just sayin' (a huge Dodge fan here). Smiley Wink

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 16 of 52
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

freedom or sally mae!?!?!?

sally mae sounds really good too!

at this rate, I might just cancel my creditone and capitalone, this many cards are scaring me!

100% close credit one. What capital one card do you have? 

Go for both. The damge has been done already one or two cards really wont make a difference. The freedom should be a no pull. Sallie mae is a great card!

Message 17 of 52
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Blue is right,  you might be able to get a two for one pull,  and get a Freedom card (freedom works well with Sapphire) ..  You do want to try to use less hard pulls esp if you want a mortgage anytime soon.  Also you want to try for the 61 day Amex 3x CLI..  Family member with established but thin file got 9k from his 3k starter Cl 

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol... Always been a corvette guy. Just sold my Z06 recently and got in a Volt to save on gas. I think I'm sticking with the vette lol...

back on track. I tried to apply to freedom and it says thanks for application but it's pending? I haven't applied for freedom yet... I did get the you're approved 12K CL email. 

Watch your mailbox; we'll contact you within 7 to 10 days to let you know what we've decided. If we approve your application, we'll also send your card and other important information in the mail.

Please note that, in some circumstances, it can take up to 30 days to reach a decision. There's no need to resubmit your application; we'll contact you as soon as we can.

Want to apply for an additional card? Close and reopen your browser before you begin.

Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one is the starter one. Platinum. 750 CL

credit one is 950 CL. It was one of my first cards to get me back on track

isn't my score going to drop though? if i get rid of my 2 older cards? drop that AAoA?

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.