Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Amex BCP... Shall I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP and Amex BCP... Shall I apply?

Jolt, I will def do the amex CLI in few months. I had no idea it was 3x though! is that always the case? I got approved at 4500 so that's a pretty high CL

Message 21 of 52
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Might have a temporary drop due to util  not AAoA..  But will make up for it when blue and csp post 

Message 22 of 52
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

capital one is the starter one. Platinum. 750 CL

credit one is 950 CL. It was one of my first cards to get me back on track

isn't my score going to drop though? if i get rid of my 2 older cards? drop that AAoA?

call credit one asap close the card. Capital one do this:

google-capital one ceo email address

send "him" an email its not really him just someone at their exective office saying that you want to change your card to a quicksliver card with no AF and ask for a credit line increase. All of which will be a soft pull. 

As for the freedom call chase right now. Im sure they just want to verify that it is you. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 23 of 52
joltdude
Senior Contributor

AMEX will counter offer or decline it rarely..  There are threads that better explain it but basically it's usually effective..  But it's good to use the card a bit since they will soft pull your report a few times in those 61 days

Message 24 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok guys, with your better wisdom I have followed your steps. I opened the chase website from internet explorer (must have been saved cookies from google browser) and was able to apply to freedom. got 9K approval with %13.99 APR.

I will do as you say with capital one now. Let's see what they say. I can just call and ask...

Message 25 of 52
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Your aaoa stays on your credit report for 10 years but utilization does not

Message 26 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joltdude, I will def use the card in the next 2 months for groceries and gas.

Gonna start paying them back asap though as I don't want to over spend on cards then have to start making payments. Wife usually likes to use the cards and she'll come home and pay them off right away... this way we get the points on discover.

Message 27 of 52
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok guys, with your better wisdom I have followed your steps. I opened the chase website from internet explorer (must have been saved cookies from google browser) and was able to apply to freedom. got 9K approval with %13.99 APR.

I will do as you say with capital one now. Let's see what they say. I can just call and ask...

Dont call any number at capital one. Just send the email have them call you. Everyone else expect for that office is useless at capital one. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 28 of 52
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Don't bother calling capital 1.. You need the EO to do it.  You can try Facebook to contact EO as well but email direct is best route

Message 29 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Chase's backdoor number. Chances are you can get them to approve you the Freedom. I would actually look to cancelling those smaller limit cards now that you have serious credit under your name. Your utilization won't be affected much since your available credit just sky-rocketed. Congrats on your approvals and your journey towards excellent credit.Smiley Happy

EDIT: Nevermind, i see you already went for the hat trick and got the Freedom. Congrats!

Enjoy your new credit and use it wisely. =)

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.