Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and ChargeSmart

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

CSP and ChargeSmart

Have people used ChargeSmart with the CSP?  It worked fine with my Citi card (although Citi has a reputation for calling things cash advance).  But I see in the T&Cs, under Cash-like Transactions, it references "Making a payment using a third party service".  That sounds overly-broad but has anyone had experience with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP and ChargeSmart

Please let me know if you find anything out regarding this. I'm very interested to know too!

Thanks!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Please let me know if you find anything out regarding this. I'm very interested to know too!

Thanks!

Since you said "Please" I decided to try!  So, just submitted a payment on the CSP.  I will let you know if it gets treated as a cash advance.  Hopefully not.

Message 3 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

I have and CSP has never considered it a "cash advance" for me.  It assuredly did count towards the spending requirment.

Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Hey, thanks a lot for helping me out with this too!

I tried looking around online, couldn't find much useful info. So I called chase csp number and asked if making a payment with third party services such as PayPal and charge smart will incur cash advance fees, and explained I was going to make an auto loan payment using charge smart, and PayPal for some purchases. Double checked with the CSR, was kept on hold briefly the 2nd time so she could check with a supervisor. I was told I shouldn't incur any fees.

I also asked if its the same for freedom since I have 15months 0 apr. she said yes.
Hopefully she is right!

Please let me know once you have any updates. Thanks a lot!!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I used mine...forr about 1500 ...no issues...good luck

Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

thanks a lot for the info!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.