cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Freedom CLIs, can they by done in one call?

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

CSP and Freedom CLIs, can they by done in one call?

Not that I'm ready to CLI my cards, but at the 6 months mark, I intend on doubling their limits.  Does Chase have two different call centers for Freedom and Sapphire cards?  I feel I was tossed between two centers before, both American.  Now in the interest of CLIs, can they be done on the same call or does it require two different calls and two HPs?  I'd have to take two hits for one lender, considering they'd have a fresh report in their systems.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: CSP and Freedom CLIs, can they by done in one call?

Good question.....I was wondering the same thing!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Chase looks at total credit you have with them, rather than credit per account. So right now you have $7.5K of credit with Chase. You need to convince Chase that you can be trusted with more credit.

My advice is get a CLI on Sapphire and shift some of that CLI to Freedom.

Message 3 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Chase looks at total credit you have with them, rather than credit per account. So right now you have $7.5K of credit with Chase. You need to convince Chase that you can be trusted with more credit.

That's actually how I ended up with the Freedom.  My initial CL on the CSP was 7.5, I wanted the Freedom as well so I shifted 2.5 over.  In that regard, come 6 months I'd either like to move the CSP up to 10k (so I can use this on vacations) and the Freedom to 5k, (for everything else).  I do plan on establishing 6mos worth of history with them on their cards as I already have a perfect payment with my current auto loan from them.  So by what you're saying is to go for the CLI on the CSP and move a bit of that over to the Freedom?

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Yep. Pretty sure that way you will only end up with one HP. Chase is very easy on shifting credit limits between accounts.

Message 5 of 7
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I wanted to cli increase two of my Chase cards last week. The CSR told me it would be 2 hard pulls. So I opted for one HP and increase went from 8500 to 25000. I had only had the the increased card 4 1/2 months, the other card 17 months.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

This is soo true! Chase is one of the few lenders I know of that does this. Chase will not extend anymore credit if they feel they have extended enough to you at this time. They will happily offer to shift your limit around tho.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.