Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Freedom

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

CSP and Freedom

I posted a thread yesterday that explained that I was just approved for the CSP.  Everyone talks about the CSP and Freedom combo even though think it would be very difficult to max out each category every quarter, wonder how many people actually accomplish it. I just have a few questuons.

1 - If I apply for the Freedom right now would they use my pull from yesterday which was TU BTW which surprised me I haven't had a TU pull in years.

2 - Also upon approval would I also get both bonus offers?

3 - If yes to number 2 does the current $200 cash back equate to 20k points if I chose to transfer over to CSP?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CSP and Freedom

@ezdoesit wrote:

I posted a thread yesterday that explained that I was just approved for the CSP.  Everyone talks about the CSP and Freedom combo even though think it would be very difficult to max out each category every quarter, wonder how many people actually accomplish it. I just have a few questuons.

1 - If I apply for the Freedom right now would they use my pull from yesterday which was TU BTW which surprised me I haven't had a TU pull in years.

3 - If yes to number 2 does the current $200 cash back equate to 20k points if I chose to transfer over to CSP?

For 2 and 3 the answers are yes

Message 2 of 5
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

1. No, you get a new pull I believe. The best thing to do is to try and apply on the same day. The system MIGHT assume the one is a duplicate and give you one HP. This happened with me with 2 Amex apps on the same day.

2. Both bonus offers? I don't understand. You mean each card's bonus? Yes.

3. Yes.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

For 2 and 3 the answers are yes

Yes to 2 and 3 that is a pretty sweet deal.  I think I will apply next week it is pretty much a no brainer at this point.  Even more so because they pull TU for the CSP app when every lender seems to pull experian on me in NY.

Message 4 of 5
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Also, Its not advisable to max spending in every category in every quarter just to do it. I use what I have to when I have to and leave it at that. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.