Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Parking Garage fees...

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

CSP and Parking Garage fees...

So I've seen/heard mixed things.
I spend about $100 per month on parking in the parking garage at the school I go to(one more semester left, then I'm done!!! Yes!!!!) I stopped taking the stupid bus to school due to time constraints.

I saw online in some other travel forums that parking garage fees do get the 2x points bc it's included in "travel"
To confirm and test CSP's customer service, I called them to inquire, and was told parking garage fees do not get the 2x points...
So which is it? Anyone know for sure? By "for sure", I mean you have checked it on your statement, and did-in fact or not- get 2x points.
I've not been able to find a list from Chase, other than what the very nice and courteous CSP rep told me.
Please help! I won't use CSP for the parking garage UNLESS I get 2x points. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP and Parking Garage fees...

I got 2x on my parking fees - verified on my statement and all. You should be fine. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ohhhhh score! Thank you parakleet! I can't imagine why a CSP Rep would tell me otherwise! Crazy!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

As with all categories, you will need to make sure that the MCC is coded correctly for that particular parking place....

Message 4 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Am I able to check that beforehand?
Message 5 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

You can ask the parking garage about their MCC code, but I doubt the guy working there will know. Is the extra $1-4 dollars in rewards each month worth the trouble though?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If you can find it here, https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator/index.jsp

Or if you know someone who uses it and pays by credit card, their online statement might list it.

Message 7 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You can ask the parking garage about their MCC code, but I doubt the guy working there will know. Is the extra $1-4 dollars in rewards each month worth the trouble though?

I think "doubt" might be way too weak a word here!

Message 8 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Dang! It's MCC'es as a University -.-
Message 9 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dang! It's MCC'es as a University -.-

This is something you need to be careful of. Stand alone parking garages will often be coded correctly, but if it's a garage that is attached to a larger organization it might be coded as something different.

For example if you park at a privately owned parking lot across the street from Disneyland, it'll probably be coded as a parking lot. However if you pay for parking at Disneyland, it'll probably be coded as a theme park purchase.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.