Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Sallie Mae

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

CSP and Sallie Mae

Well, if I'm leaving the garden I'm going out with a bang! I am seriously pondering applying for the CSP and Sallie Mae. For the CSP, I have. Disney card that I'd like to ditch next year (no real need for Disney $ after our next trip...kids are getting older). And I want SM for groceries and gas.

Opinions? Right now I have Citi DC, Arrival+, BCP, Delta Skymiles Platinum, and the aforementioned Chase Disney. Lots of grocery spend, very little has, and we run $3-4k a month through all cards combined (sometimes more, but that's typical).
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP and Sallie Mae

@disdreamin wrote:
Well, if I'm leaving the garden I'm going out with a bang! I am seriously pondering applying for the CSP and Sallie Mae. For the CSP, I have. Disney card that I'd like to ditch next year (no real need for Disney $ after our next trip...kids are getting older). And I want SM for groceries and gas.

Opinions? Right now I have Citi DC, Arrival+, BCP, Delta Skymiles Platinum, and the aforementioned Chase Disney. Lots of grocery spend, very little has, and we run $3-4k a month through all cards combined (sometimes more, but that's typical).

@Those are 2 very good cards... The Salliemae will compliment well with your BCP as the grocery is capped @$250 a month for groceries. CSP is also going for travel also..

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@Those are 2 very good cards... The Salliemae will compliment well with your BCP as the grocery is capped @$750 a month for groceries. CSP is also going for travel also..

Man, I couldn't conceive of spending $750 a month on groceries.

Message 3 of 20
Hansenmol
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@Those are 2 very good cards... The Salliemae will compliment well with your BCP as the grocery is capped @$750 a month for groceries. CSP is also going for travel also..

SM is capped at $250/month for groceries. Or did you mean with both the SM and BCP combined? Ideally, you'll want to cover the $6k in spend for groceries on your BCP before you use your SM because of BCP's AF. 

Gardening
Wells Fargo 08/2010 $5.3k || Valero Gas 07/2012 $750 || CareCredit 11/2012 $5k ||
Citi Forward Legacy 01/2013 $6.4k || Discover It 01/2013 $8.3k || AMEX BCE 04/2013 $20k || Chase Freedom 08/2013 $4k || Sallie Mae Commence WMC 07/2014 $9.5k || Citi Double Cash WEMC 10/2014 $8.3k || Chase IHG WMC $11.2k 02/2017 ||
755 EX, 802 TU, 799 EQ || 24 Years Old || AAoA 3.4 Yrs || 03/10/2017 || Gardening since 02/2017 ||
Message 4 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

We spend at least twice that, the magic of WholeFoods!

Message 5 of 20
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

My grocery spend is $900-$1000 a month (4 people in the household). Possibly a tad less if I take out all household supplies (cleaning stuff, TP, etc) purchased at the grocery store, and more if I include Walmart runs (infrequent, mostly supplies, few groceries, probably $150-$200 a month).

FWIW, our restaurant expenditures typically run less than $100 a month. We eat in pretty much all the time.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@Anonymous,

@Anonymous error... I was thinking of books store capped at $750 a month. The grocery is capped at @250 a month..

Unknown.png

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@Anonymous,

@Anonymous error... I was thinking of gas capped at $750 a month. The grocery is capped at @250 a month..

Gas is also $250 on the SM. It's books that $750.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@Anonymous,

@Anonymous error... I was thinking of gas capped at $750 a month. The grocery is capped at @250 a month..

Gas is also $250 on the SM. It's books that $750.

I have it infront of me and still messing up... Need coffee.. Dang.  Thanks

Message 9 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Hansenmol wrote:

SM is capped at $250/month for groceries. Or did you mean with both the SM and BCP combined? Ideally, you'll want to cover the $6k in spend for groceries on your BCP before you use your SM because of BCP's AF. 

Not sure how the AF comes in.    You DO want to make sure you get the $6K in because of the higher %, but if you spend all the BCP too early, your SM won't have enough per month.    So it depends on how uniform your spend is.   If there is enough spend (> $9K) I would use the SM up each month first

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.