Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and booking travel through Ultimate Rewards

tag
jmoneyk
Established Member

CSP and booking travel through Ultimate Rewards

Good Day Fellow Credit Addicts!

I just had my first CSP statement close and I have a question regarding my points summary.  I booked my travel through ultimate rewards so I could earn additional points for my hotel and rental car purchases.  I followed the steps in UR and booked 3 hotels and 1 week of rental car during my last statement period.  UR was offering 4x points for booking through hotels.com and 2x points for rental cars through expedia.  Well, my statement is only showing my general 2x points for travel expense and not the additional points I should've earned through UR.  I called in to CS and they said it looks like I didn't book through UR.  Which, I did in fact.  The CSR said it could take up to 6 weeks for those points to hit.  Has any of you season CSP card holders experienced this?  I want to make sure I am earning my points correctly and not being taken advantage of.  Any insight is greatly appreciated!

JK

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP and booking travel through Ultimate Rewards

I would think that on your statement where it shows the breakdown it would show your previous points balance, your points earned this month, your points earned as bonus (travel/dining) and then it would show your bonus points in the UR section. That's how mine breaks it down. I have never had it take an extended period of time for my UR points to hit. I always have them on the statement. Chase has good customer service so I would wait until my next statement and see if they are there and if not, call back.
EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 2 of 6
jmoneyk
Established Member

Unfortunately, that is what I am going to do.  I am just not going to book any more travel through UR until I see the points show up from my last statement.  Book through UR, you do not earn your Hilton points since you are using a third party.  

Message 3 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

I had some anomalies like this before. The Chase CSR told me it can take 1-3 statements until the UR bonus points show up, which is a huge pain because it makes it hard to track what you're getting points for when there's a 3 month, seemingly random, rolling period. The CSR did a manual adjustment for me though.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 6
jmoneyk
Established Member

I just called the # on the back of my card and the rep was more than helpful manually adding the points for me.  Thanks Chase!  Good way to start off!

Message 5 of 6
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

And that's why I keep Chase around.
EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.