cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP application - "Recommended for Approval"...???

tag
krismac
Established Member

CSP application - "Recommended for Approval"...???

Hello, everyone! New member, long time lurker - I've been reading a lot of threads in regadds to people applying for the card. Here's my situation, I had an old Amazon Chase CC, paid it off and closed it as advised by the nice l talked to last night when I called the recon number. She informed me that my pending application was denied because of a balanthe that was on my old Amazon card from Chase - and that they flagged my app for the CSP because my old account for the Aamazon CC was under my old last name (before I got married). I told the lady that I got married last year, and have had my last name legally changed. She advised me pay of off the remaining balance on the old Amazon CC acrypto close it, and to call again after the payment has posted.

The payment posted this morning, so I decided, what the heck, why not. Called the recon number and a nice man answered the phone - I pretty much explained to him what the lady from the other night had told me. He asked for my info, verified my last name, had to assure him that my old CC account was under my old last name. He verified my address, employer, and my gross income. I was on hold for a few minutes and he told me that resubmitted my app with a 5k CL, and recommended it for approval. What has me a little worried is that he did say that it will take two weeks for the final answer and will get a letter in the mail for an approval or declined answer. 

Has anyone ever encountered this when applying for the CSP CC??? Should I call the recon line again later today or tomorrow and ask for my app status instead of waiting 2 weeks to find out?

Here's my credit info:

MyFico score: 751

Oldest account: 7 years, no late payments at all

Discover card

Amex Delta

Amex BCE

Cap1 - planning on closing this since it only has 700 in it and have not used for a while now.

Don't know how important - but I am about to pay off my car loan a the end of this month.

Any input helps Smiley Very Happy

Will be gardening for a while.
AMEX BCE - 9K, AMEX Delta - 3.5K, Discover - 2K,
Cap 1 - 700 (closing soon), CSP - 5K.
MyFico TU: 743, MyFico EQ: 751. Credit Sesame EX: 771.
Target score: 800
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP application - "Recommended for Approval"...???

You can ask, but since it was "recommended for approval" there probably isn't a whole lot that phone call will do. You just need to play the waiting game now because the recommendation probably needs additional approvals.

Good luck!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 28
krismac
Established Member

Thanks, SnackTrader! I'm just anxious I guess - not really knowing if its approved or not, even with an approval recommendation.

Message 3 of 28
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

It must be tough. You might not hear from them immediately, but you just have to hope that the person you talked to took all the correct steps.

I would call back next week if you don't hear by then. And in the meantime you can check the automated application status line that Chase has to see if that says "pending" or "denied". I forget where the number is - maybe it's on the stickies here?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 4 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
It must be tough. You might not hear from them immediately, but you just have to hope that the person you talked to took all the correct steps.

I would call back next week if you don't hear by then. And in the meantime you can check the automated application status line that Chase has to see if that says "pending" or "denied". I forget where the number is - maybe it's on the stickies here?

I got the same "recommend for approval" about a month ago, mine was at night and I called in the next day around noon and was told I was approved.  I would definitly call back this afternoon and just tell them you want to check the status.  They might need more info from you before they can approve and you won't want to wait for a letter in the mail just to find out they need more info.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 28
krismac
Established Member

I called back - recon analyst number and the analyst on the line said that the application is still fairly new and there's nothing he could do to approve it - but he did say that the "recommended for approval" is on the application. He said ta call them back in a week...but I'll probably give them a call this Friday. I got a little deflated when he said that theremaws nothing he could do since the app is fairly new.

Message 6 of 28
krismac
Established Member

The analyst said that it is pending verification - and can take up to two weeks.

Message 7 of 28
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

So like I said, you can try, but the phone call probably won't do too much.

Thankfully, you are still recommended for approval. Give it time.

Message 8 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I would call back every day, after mine was "recommended for approval" I called back in the next morning and was told it was pending, called back in that afternoon and was asked a bunch of verification questions and then was told it was approved.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 9 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure they have to verify it for you lol... There's a number you can call.. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it ends in 7830.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.