Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP application

I'm a noob to this forum so patience is much appreciated.

Applied on 30 Sept for CSP and got the we will notify via mail in 30 days email.  I just checked the automated line and it says application still being reviewed.

Just wondering on my chances of success here:

1. I applied on the basis that CSP was shown as prequalified offer to me

2. My FICO was 699 before applying but after applying the score move up to 704 -- I had no other activity whatsoever so I assume the increase in score and application are related

3. I have Citi and Amex cards already but largely due to private client status , etc rather than immediate credit history

thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP application

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a noob to this forum so patience is much appreciated.

Applied on 30 Sept for CSP and got the we will notify via mail in 30 days email.  I just checked the automated line and it says application still being reviewed.

Just wondering on my chances of success here:

1. I applied on the basis that CSP was shown as prequalified offer to me

2. My FICO was 699 before applying but after applying the score move up to 704 -- I had no other activity whatsoever so I assume the increase in score and application are related

3. I have Citi and Amex cards already but largely due to private client status , etc rather than immediate credit history

thanks.

Welcome to MyFICO

What exact message do you receive when you call the automated line? 7-10 days or the 2 weeks or 30 day message.  Big difference as the latter two ‘generally ‘ are indicators of a pending approval while a 7-10 day one tends to indicate a potential decline.

In no way can an application or inquiry cause your score to rise.  The small gain could be related to many factors, most of which are unknown because the FICO scoring algorithm is proprietary..

The prequalified offer is a good indicator of your chances but of course denials do occur.  

I think your your chances are good based on the info you did disclose but there are lots of other factors in your credit report(s) that will have an effect as well.  Wish you good luck.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bet your 5 point score increase was an inquiry aging past 12 months old.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Irish.  I called in again and it was your application is under review and you will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days of our decision.  That sucks if it results in a decline.  If I am declined worth a call to reconideration line?  What information will they want from me?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Irish.  I called in again and it was your application is under review and you will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days of our decision.  That sucks if it results in a decline.  If I am declined worth a call to reconideration line?  What information will they want from me?

7-10 day response doesn’t always indicate a decline but that is the normal indicator.  Keep checking because the status line does change day to day. Yes, always call for a reconsideration.  Hard to say what you might tell them until you get any reasons for the decline.  If that happens, let us know and we can help you with your call.

If you don’t want to wait you can always call now and see what they have to say.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the reason for decline be disclosed in the letter from Chase?  Or do I need to speak to human operator?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will the reason for decline be disclosed in the letter from Chase?  Or do I need to speak to human operator?

It would be in the letter.  Sometimes the phone CSRs will give some indicators but often they will tell you to wait for the letter.  If I were you, I’d give them a call as the letter could take weeks to arrive.  Can’t hurt.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.