Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP approved, wayyyy over 5/24??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP approved, wayyyy over 5/24??

I don't know if this card is included in the 5/24 rule, but I check my prequalification offers yesterday and I had offers for the Slate and CSP. I chose to apply for the CSP because I graduate college in December and more than likely I would move and have to buy things for a new place (50k bonus).

So, I applied yesterday and got the 30 day message. I kept calling the backdoor number for my app status and they kept saying it was pending. So I woke up this morning and checked my Chase account, I had a new account with a $5000 limit! I have had at least 10 new accounts the past 2 years. I regret the app spree I went on a couple months ago and decided to close alot of the store cards and keep the important ones. I wanted to add the CSP to go with my Freedom UL.

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

Have anyone experienced getting a Chase card after been way over 5/24? Do you think they are going to review my account? I sort of scared LOL

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP approved, wayyyy over 5/24??

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if this card is included in the 5/24 rule, but I check my prequalification offers yesterday and I had offers for the Slate and CSP. I chose to apply for the CSP because I graduate college in December and more than likely I would move and have to buy things for a new place (50k bonus).

So, I applied yesterday and got the 30 day message. I kept calling the backdoor number for my app status and they kept saying it was pending. So I woke up this morning and checked my Chase account, I had a new account with a $5000 limit! I have had at least 10 new accounts the past 2 years. I regret the app spree I went on a couple months ago and decided to close alot of the store cards and keep the important ones. I wanted to add the CSP to go with my Freedom UL.

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

Have anyone experienced getting a Chase card after been way over 5/24? Do you think they are going to review my account? I sort of scared LOL

Yes, the CSP is part of the 5/24 but it has been well documented that if you show a preapproval online for the card along with the Freedom, and Slate cards that you can bypass the rule and get approved.  If you hadn't shown the preapproval then you would have been denied. Congrats.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

Have anyone experienced getting a Chase card after been way over 5/24? Do you think they are going to review my account? Im sort of scared LOL

Yes, the CSP is part of the 5/24 but it has been well documented that if you show a preapproval online for the card along with the Freedom, and Slate cards that you can bypass the rule and get approved.  If you hadn't shown the preapproval then you would have been denied. Congrats.

Thank you! I was just scared that maybe I would get reviewed and they would see how many accounts I had opened in 2 years. I remember reading somewhere about someone applying for the new CSR, and then getting their account closed a couple days later for having to many new recent accounts. But I just hope that's not the case with me *fingers crossed* LOL

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

Have anyone experienced getting a Chase card after been way over 5/24? Do you think they are going to review my account? Im sort of scared LOL

Thank you! I was just scared that maybe I would get reviewed and they would see how many accounts I had opened in 2 years. I remember reading somewhere about someone applying for the new CSR, and then getting their account closed a couple days later for having to many new recent accounts. But I just hope that's not the case with me *fingers crossed* LOL

Very unlikely that will happen.  Use the card and stay off their radar for awhile (no new applications or CLI requests or consolidating limits) and you'll be fine.

Message 4 of 10
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

Very unlikely that will happen.  Use the card and stay off their radar for awhile (no new applications or CLI requests or consolidating limits) and you'll be fine.

I agree, don't do anything that would trigger a Manual Review.... Keep it in the Garden, and stick with your plan to close what you're not using, keep aware with your UTL as you close cards.

Message 5 of 10
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

I agree, don't do anything that would trigger a Manual Review.... Keep it in the Garden, and stick with your plan to close what you're not using, keep aware with your UTL as you close cards.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's what I plan to do. Just lay low for a while and garden the next two years!

Message 7 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

You wrote on someones post not to apply if they are over 5/24 because it will be a instant denial.  Unless they have a branch preapproval or CPC.  Now it is preapproval online? 

I was approved for the CSR over 5/24 and no online preapprovals.  How would you explain that?  Not a instant approval 7-10 day message, checked app status and it was approved 4 hrs later.

I would say the 5/24 is a guideline not set in stone as there are plenty of people on here that have been approved being over 5/24 which is a small sample size.  Then how many people are probably approved in the general public.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am closing:

Fingerhut 3k

Old Navy 1.5k

Belk 1k

JC Penny 1.2k

Conoco 1k

Goodys $350

TJ Maxx MC (maybe) $2.2k

You wrote on someones post not to apply if they are over 5/24 because it will be a instant denial.  Unless they have a branch preapproval or CPC.  Now it is preapproval online? 

I was approved for the CSR over 5/24 and no online preapprovals.  How would you explain that?  Not a instant approval 7-10 day message, checked app status and it was approved 4 hrs later.

I would say the 5/24 is a guideline not set in stone as there are plenty of people on here that have been approved being over 5/24 which is a small sample size.  Then how many people are probably approved in the general public.

CSP and CSP are completely different.  There are no preapprovals online for the CSR, just in branch.  As for your approval, no idea without knowing more about what your reports actually show

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was definitely wondering about that. My mom have a few pre-qualifications for Chase, and wanted the CSR, but it wasn't showing. However, we don't have any Chase bank near us, and she's too scared to do a cold app LOL

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.