cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP axing 2x points for travel AND dining???

tag
texastrojan
Established Member

CSP axing 2x points for travel AND dining???

Apologies if this has been covered, but just applied for an go tthe CSP and was reviewing my 1st statment under rewards summary

To my surprise it showed only ONE point per dollar on dining and travel.  Called CS, and they said oh yeah its only ONE point now for both.  I was none too pleased and said the WEBSITE still shows 2x points for dining and travel and that was what I was told when I applied 3 weeks ago.

Put on hold, came back--oh yeah, 2x on travel is GONE but 2x on dining should still be there.  They will "check on it" and get back with me.  Ive always heard of CSP's legendary CS (my wife has had a CSP for a few years) but this is definitley off to a bad start

*btw:  CSR said they will "edit the website this weekend to take down the 2x points on travel

Anyone else experience this???  Also saw a thread below about hike to $150 AF?  This nerfing is ridiculous.  I only got this card to rack up points since I dine out so much and then to combine with my Chase Ink Plus and Freedom.  Now, I dont know if its worth it at all

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP axing 2x points for travel AND dining???

@texastrojan wrote:

Apologies if this has been covered, but just applied for an go tthe CSP and was reviewing my 1st statment under rewards summary

To my surprise it showed only ONE point per dollar on dining and travel.  Called CS, and they said oh yeah its only ONE point now for both.  I was none too pleased and said the WEBSITE still shows 2x points for dining and travel and that was what I was told when I applied 3 weeks ago.

Put on hold, came back--oh yeah, 2x on travel is GONE but 2x on dining should still be there.  They will "check on it" and get back with me.  Ive always heard of CSP's legendary CS (my wife has had a CSP for a few years) but this is definitley off to a bad start

*btw:  CSR said they will "edit the website this weekend to take down the 2x points on travel

Anyone else experience this???  Also saw a thread below about hike to $150 AF?  This nerfing is ridiculous.  I only got this card to rack up points since I dine out so much and then to combine with my Chase Ink Plus and Freedom.  Now, I dont know if its worth it at all

Thanks for the sobering update on the CSP rewards. To add to your misery, the US Bank Cash+ VS is seeing more significant nerfing starting in 2015. How depressing Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 37
texastrojan
Established Member

I know my friend.  2% on restaurants....ridiculous.

Can no one hear my cries.......

Message 3 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@texastrojan wrote:

CHeck your statement carefully!   The points are usually

1x on everything

ADDITIONAL 1x on travel and dining.

So if all you spent in the month was say $50 on dining you would see

1 point per $:  50

1 point per $ on dining: 50

Total 100.  So earning 2x on dining.

So my latest statement shows:

+ 1 Point per $1 earned on all purchases 651
+ 1 Point per $1 earned on dining 0
+ 1 Point per $1 earned on travel 651
+ 1 Point per $1 on Ultimate Rewards travel 417
+ Points moved from another account 0
- Points redeemed this statement period 0

Message 4 of 37
texastrojan
Established Member

no i heard ya, but CSR checked my account and confirmed it was 1 point for everything

she even said "well maybe the merchants just didnt code it correctly"

uh, no, Mrs. CSR  I ate at like 43 diffferent restaurants and fast food joints.  No way ALL of them coded incorrectly....  :-/

Message 5 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@texastrojan wrote:

no i heard ya, but CSR checked my account and confirmed it was 1 point for everything

uh, no, Mrs. CSR  I ate at like 43 diffferent restaurants and fast food joints.  No way ALL of them coded incorrectly....  :-/

RIght, but the CSR sounds confused anyway.  So your statement shows nothing like:

?

It's just a while back someone else reported the same thing and it was just a misunderstanding of what the above meant.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@texastrojan wrote:

RIght, but the CSR sounds confused anyway.  So your statement shows nothing like:

?

It's just a while back someone else reported the same thing and it was just a misunderstanding of what the above meant.

Like so? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 37
texastrojan
Established Member

Yeah I have nada in the dining and travel sections...and I spent in both categories epsecially dining

Frankly im not even that bothered if they "messed up" on calculating my rewards this time, that can be fixed

The depressing thing was "oh yeah 2x is gone....oh wait just travel..."  This nerfing is too much

Message 8 of 37
Involver
Valued Contributor

It's definitely still earning 2x in dining and travel for me.

Message 9 of 37
gercredit
Contributor

@texastrojan Can you make a similar screenshot so that we can compare?

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.