Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP card (s) compromised?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

CSP card (s) compromised?

I got a call this morning from Chase, apparently my card number was compromised, they wouldn't say why, or how they knew, but they asked for the past few days of charges, and pretty much said any charges older then the 14th of this month were ok. My parents had a similar call earlier today about their card as well. Has this happened to any of you guys as well?

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CF_Frost
New Contributor

Re: CSP card (s) compromised?

Got a call earlier this month about my Sapphire. Two $1.00 fraudulent charges. They refunded me and issued a new card. Only time that's ever happened to me. Might be something up with them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase fraud department is on the ball.
Message 3 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

I got a call this morning from Chase, apparently my card number was compromised, they wouldn't say why, or how they knew, but they asked for the past few days of charges, and pretty much said any charges older then the 14th of this month were ok. My parents had a similar call earlier today about their card as well. Has this happened to any of you guys as well?

I don't have a CSP but my freedom card was just recently compromised. I loged online to schedule my payment and I noticed a charge of $3.87 from a company called "FUNDING FOR U LLC". I have never heard of this company nor is there any information about it on google (at least nothing came up when I did a brief search). I called Chase and they said they had flagged my account anyway and that they will rush my new card. This was Friday night into Saturday Morning.. Got my new card via UPS express mail on Monday.

I sounds like Chase's systems may have been compromised.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 4 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Mine wasn't really a compromise but I was charged twice for the same bill.  Two days ago during one of my random check of my transactions online I noticed the double charges which of course I contacted them about. They credited back the extra $56 which posted to my account this morning. This was for a Freedom card tho...

Message 5 of 6
Stralem
Established Contributor

Nope. No compromises.

I've only ever had one card compromised (Barclays) which was in relation to the Target breach last year.

I'm fondling the wood quite lovingly right now.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.