CSP customer service vs Amex platinum

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP customer service vs Amex platinum

@Lin55 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Both provide great service.

I tested both Amex Platinum concierge and JPMorgan's concierge last week after I couldn't get a reservation made for 2/15 for SAAM. 

Called JPM first. Was told nothing was available. 

Called Amex. Was told nothing was available as well. 

The next day, Amex contacted me and informed me that the reservation was available. It's nice that they would follow up on my request even though I didn't ask them to. The restaurant is located within the SLS hotel, which is a SPG property. That may have given Amex an advantage due to their relationship with the hotel chain itself.

Both companies provide great customer service and they each have their own advantages. If you can afford to, might as well keep both!

I don't think you can compare the JPM's concierge with CSP's as I believe they are two different set of teams. I would guess JPM's has better pull than CSPs team.

Also, I would love to hear more on the Amex vs JPM's Concierge as I use Concierges all the time but have no experience with JPMs, only Plats. Was looking to test drive the JPM's concierge next year.

Do you have posts/threads comparing the two anywhere, either here or FlyerTalk, etc.?

There are many posts on FT on this topic, but there's not really a conclusive answer. In some cases, JPM concierge is better, but in some others, Amex is better. I guess it depends on the place / event that you are trying to go to. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 22
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP customer service vs Amex platinum

@enharu, I guess the best way is to give it a try for one year!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.