Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP denial letter came today.

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

CSP denial letter came today.

So I receive the letter of denial from chase, when I applied on 4/11.. The only reason stated was that I don't have a long history( assuming I don't have a CL with 5k yet)... So I guess since I'm going to be gardening till next year I can hopefully get a good CLI to 5k by next year and be prepared to apply again.

I had alrdy try to recon but the analyze told me I should start out with my recently approve freedom first. I guess they want me to build history with that first.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP denial letter came today.

use that freedom for 6-12 months and you should stand a good chance for the CSP!

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
TM82
Regular Contributor

2 Chase apps consecutively work if you have a long credit history but with such a short history, the outcome was to be expected. Let your history grow both overall and with Chase and you should be fine in 6-12 months.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 3 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

Chase will want to see at least 6 months of use on your Freedom card. The ideal usage pattern would be using the card heavily, but never more than 50% of the available line, and paying off the statement balance in full every month (never minimum payments).

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

use that freedom for 6-12 months and you should stand a good chance for the CSP!

Best of luck!

I agree, hold the freedom for a year then re-app for the CSP!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.