Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP downgrade question

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP downgrade question

What's so special about a card being metal? It's heavier in wallet. CSP did not make a big impression on me when I received it.

Message 11 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

What's so special about a card being metal? It's heavier in wallet. CSP did not make a big impression on me when I received it.

+1.

I don't see what's the big deal about metal cards either.

It makes my wallet unncessarily thick, which I hate.

I'm using cards over cash only because it's more convenient and makes my wallet thinner, and these metal cards are making it thick again Smiley Mad

The CSP card seems pretty somewhat normal. None of the places I use it at seem to care much about it at all, probably because a lot of people in LA has it.

The Ritz card is substantially heavier and thicker, and several times people were surprised about it, but to me it's just bothersome.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 16
phonic
Contributor

I've had many comments about my CSP card. Everything from "wow, that's heavy" to "is that one of those super elite cards" to "you must be rich". 

Regardless of the facts, people assume heavy cards = more prestigious cards. Hence why Chase did it with the CSP. 

Personally, I like my metal card, even though I know it's just a standard one, albeit one of the better cards out there. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 13 of 16
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Same here. Wasn't impressed when I had that card. 

Message 14 of 16
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Some people actually think it matters if some minimum wage cashier thinks they are elite for having a metal card. I live in a area where metal cards are not common so I get the occasional comment about my CSP and I hate it. 

Message 15 of 16
Mellon
Established Contributor

thanks for the responses... Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.