Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP goal

tag
pats23
Contributor

CSP goal

My goal is to get the CSP.....,I have a chase freedom with a 3.5k for 6 months PIF good amount run through one auto CLI so they must like me. Only other relevant card is a discover more 2k limit have auto loan and student loan. No baddies util 0-5% usually. Scores hover a lil over 700. I guess my question is should I be able to apply for CSP or am I Better off going for CLI on freedom until I have a card over 5k? Has anyone gotten the CSP with no other cc over 5?

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP goal

You would be more likely to get approved for the CSP then get a CLI over 5k on your Freedom card, for some reason Chase doesn't like giving CLIs

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 7
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I got my CSP with my highest limit at the time my freedom from Chase and Barclay rewards mc, both 1.5k.  Freedom was right around the 6 month mark when I applied.  Score they got from my Equifax they pulled was 723, 3 inquiries from 6 months prior.  YMMV.  Hope this helps.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 3 of 7
pats23
Contributor

That gives hope jay

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 4 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

@pats23 wrote:
My goal is to get the CSP.....,I have a chase freedom with a 3.5k for 6 months PIF good amount run through one auto CLI so they must like me. Only other relevant card is a discover more 2k limit have auto loan and student loan. No baddies util 0-5% usually. Scores hover a lil over 700. I guess my question is should I be able to apply for CSP or am I Better off going for CLI on freedom until I have a card over 5k? Has anyone gotten the CSP with no other cc over 5?

highest CL reported at the time was $1,500 cause my NFCU $17,000 wasn't reported at the time, and still got approved. although I do have 5-6 figures in my Chase account at that time.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 7
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

@pats23 wrote:

CSP was basically the first card I ever applied for aside from a stupid Gap Visa that I opened because it was 40% off that day, and one of my parents' cards that I'd been an authorized user on for a long time (that card, however, is on my credit report...I'm just not really sure how heavily it is factored in). The Gap Visa had a really low limit - something like 2K. My parents' card had/has a limit of 35 or 40K, but again, I'm just an AU, despite it being on my credit report. My fico is between 770-780. I was instantly approved for CSP.

Message 6 of 7
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@RhubarbPie wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

CSP was basically the first card I ever applied for aside from a stupid Gap Visa that I opened because it was 40% off that day, and one of my parents' cards that I'd been an authorized user on for a long time (that card, however, is on my credit report...I'm just not really sure how heavily it is factored in). The Gap Visa had a really low limit - something like 2K. My parents' card had/has a limit of 35 or 40K, but again, I'm just an AU, despite it being on my credit report. My fico is between 770-780. I was instantly approved for CSP.

I'm sure your score got you approved, it probable never went to underwriting so no one ever noticed you were just an AU... 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.