Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP -> CS question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP -> CS question.

Someone I know wants to convert her Chase Sapphire Preferred to the no fee Chase Sapphire instead of closing it. Will this change the account number and lead to her getting a different card or will she keep the current card and account number?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CSP -> CS question.

It's a different product, technically. They will recieve a new (plastic) card.

As far as the account number I'm not 100% sure but I believe it will change.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Someone I know wants to convert her Chase Sapphire Preferred to the no fee Chase Sapphire instead of closing it. Will this change the account number and lead to her getting a different card or will she keep the current card and account number?

The account number will remain the same but will receive a new card.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's perfect, thanks! What's the point of a new card though? Since if the account number is the same, the old card should continue to work.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's perfect, thanks! What's the point of a new card though? Since if the account number is the same, the old card should continue to work.

Because it is a downgrade, Chase will send you a plastic card for that.  Bear in mind, although it is the same account number the 3 digit security code on the back will be different...

The metal card is a perk basically for being a "preferred member" unlike the Chase Sapphire..

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because it is a downgrade, Chase will send you a plastic card for that.  Bear in mind, although it is the same account number the 3 digit security code on the back will be different...

The metal card is a perk basically for being a "preferred member" unlike the Chase Sapphire..

Correct! Same number and a plastic card.

Message 6 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The actual card say 'Preferred' on it, so they will send you other card without that.

Message 7 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

May i ask what is the significant different between the two?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 8 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
May i ask what is the significant different between the two?

You get 2x points on travel and can transfer points to your preferred hotel, or airline which you can't with the CS or freedom which all use Ur points 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

you will receive a new card. and it wont say preferred Smiley Sad its such a beautiful card tell her not to! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.