tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CSP is awesome!!!!

Message 11 of 15
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I agree the CSP is what you make of it. I'm not a heavy heavy spender either, but it is every bit worth the $95 AF. Hands down this is the best card on the market for travel and combined with the Freedom it easy to rack up points assuming you spend in categories that are set to 5%. Transfer those points into CSP then to your favorite airline program. A wonderful card indeed. I also love the Chase United and SPG from AMEX as well. They are close second. Amazon payments is also a great way to rack up points free. Shhh you didn't hear my make mention of any manufactured spending here Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 12 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I want a csp badly. XD

And on another note, Kohls sells suits? XD

Not trying to be rude, but if i was gonna spend iver 2k on suits, I'd rather spend 4k and get one nice tailored suit. 

Message 13 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I want a csp badly. XD

And on another note, Kohls sells suits? XD

Not trying to be rude, but if i was gonna spend iver 2k on suits, I'd rather spend 4k and get one nice tailored suit. 

4k for a suit can get you one of those high end ones (i.e. tom ford, LV, etc).

Even D&G, Boss, Z for Zegna suits are just 900-1500 each.

Kohls sells suits but I wouldnt recommend buying there. Just wait for a good sale at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth, Bloomingdales, Barneys, or Nordstrom. You could get full prized suits at 40% off if lucky, though finding the correct size might be a problem.

Anyways, are you gardening now? Are you still in college? You should try ask for CLIs on your current cards. It's not a must-have but a CL above 5k will improve your chances.

The CSP is one of the best cards. The AF is easily worth while even if they increase it to $300. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 15
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Nice job on the haul! Great way to get the most out of your spending. I bought a pair of Merrell walking shoes for the DH through the UR mall from shoebuy.com at 10x and got 1100 pts on the buy. I try to do as much of my shopping through the UR mall as possible - it's a fantastic way to build up pts.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.