cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP is easier than I thought! Incredible details....

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

CSP is easier than I thought! Incredible details....

I apped for the CSP on Sunday thinking that for sure I was going to be denied. Because I just got my BOFA Visa siggy in my CR and I before apped for the PRG and the Alaska Visa siggy.

Sure thing Monday I called the Credit annalist line and I was told I was denied for too many inqs... I said ooh well and when I was about to hang down the phone the girl on the phone says but....

And now it gets better...

I said wait... Can I recon the decision, she was like. Yeah for sure... I was waiting.... For you to ask me that...

I was OK go ahead. She put me on hold and came back asking me to explain the 4 inqs in the last 6 months.... I explained blah blah, then se said OK putting inqs a side. Tell me why you have 6 Accounts with balances...

(all of them are pretty small balances from 20 bucks to 200, out of 1500, 3000 credit limit. Overall 10% utilization on each one.

I explained her that I went on a business travel and I did not bother to PIF like always... Which is totally true.

SHe then to my surprise told me

If you havent have that many accs with balance I would approved you.... pay those accs call us again and we will HP again and you have a great chance of being approved for the CSP...

Here is the CR

I have 24 inqs in EX in the last two years. 15 the last year and 4 the last 6 months.

EX Fako is 710 Utility 31%

Income 75ks

couple 30 and 60 days late from 2011

AAoA 2.8, oldest 7years

I have a total of 20 accs open and 15 of them have balances, many small ones

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP is easier than I thought! Incredible details....

The title that you picked for this thread is perplexing.   Did you get approved for the card?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 22
cs91
Regular Contributor

the title seems misleading......so you didnt get approved?

Message 4 of 22
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I'm groaning.  I was expecting an approval with that heading but it sound like a try again at a later date.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but we could have given you the same advice as she did without the HP.  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

i feel the main reason for denial was utilization. anything over 20%-25% can make lenders nervous unless you have thick file. Just bring down utilization around 10-15% or better yet under 10 and you should be a shoe-in!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 22
migo13
Contributor

Painful... to... read...

Message 7 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I reckon zerobacan is just saying that they are suprised they were told they could be approved even though their credit is not the best. They have 30 and 60 day lates from barely two years ago, which is usually a definite no with Chase. The Chase Sapphire Preferred is supposed to be a higher level card, so it is strange they would approve someone so easily for it. Zerobacan did not get approved, but it seems they will if they apply once the utilisation is down.

Message 8 of 22
burghpa
Regular Contributor

Eventhough title is a bit misleading,  i like the message -  'glass is half full' .

I got denied by Chase ( I have very poor record as seen in my signature), but the recon representive told me something similar - you have much better chance in few months.

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 9 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
.I'm still waiting for the incredible details too

+1 this had me ROFL

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.