Did you mean: 

CSP noticed by clerk

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: CSP noticed by clerk

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I know there have been prior discussions about whether or not merchants have ever said anything about the CSP and I just thought I would share what happened today. I went into a burger king and used my CSP to pay. The clerk at the register asked my permission to show the card to the other clerk that was next to him because she had never seen one before. Clearly they had discussed the card earlier because he reacted the instant he saw it. I am kind of suprised because I live in a pretty high end area so I am sure there are lots of people with the card walking around, but maybe she was new. 

Nice but also be careful.  As long as they hand it back quickly thats OK since that is how the fraud happens.  I am not saying the people at BK are fraudsters but you never know. I did a quick stink in banking - 2 months a long time ago lol (not for me).  I remember customers give me their debits cards for transactions and after looking at it, I am able to pull the card number from memory with out asking them I need it to pull out their accounts the next time they come in. I did it from memory. I don't know if people have memory like that so be careful.

I never lost sight of the card (it was only for a few seconds) and she only looked at the front so she didn't even see the numbers. Believe me I wasn't born yesterday and knew exactly where everyone was standing, where their hands were and where the card was at all times.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 49
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You'd honesty be surprised in some towns who has TRUE wealth and who is just another false flaunt. Some folks who I'm talking about are the ones who come into my work place, look like they just got out from living underneath a bridge (you wouldn't even think they have a penny to their name), very nice and modest attitude, whip out an AMEX or even a normal debit card, and later see them get into a Maserati. That's true old money class right there to me. Now the idiots on the other side of the spectrum that give the illusion they are something.... 98.9% aren't and don't have a pot to **** in, lol. 

From coming in a upper class town, I can honestly say one thing: Just because you drive a new BMW or Benz does NOT mean you are wealthy-- for all I know you could be struggling to make payments and are up to your head in debt. 

I worked as a chase bank teller years ago when I was in college. I worked in a very rough neighborhood in the Bronx where people did not normally have much money. One day some guy came in and he had a debit card that was only given out to the very top customers. It was the only time I had seen that card (even though I was trained to recognize it) and this guy living in a lousy neighborhood had an extremely large amount of money in his account. So you really never know what people have or don't have. 

;
Message 22 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259, you're right.. I did not want to be "oh here in New York City" kinda guy! Maybe these two girls are just 3 years late and this is it.

What debit card was only for rich Chase people?   Platinum Premier Debit Card?  Grey-ish?

Message 23 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259, you're right.. I did not want to be "oh here in New York City" kinda guy! Maybe these two girls are just 3 years late and this is it.

What debit card was only for rich Chase people?   Platinum Premier Debit Card?  Grey-ish?

Anyone can get a debit card, Lol.

Message 24 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nixon  Thanks for the clarification!  

Just trying to see which debit card is for "special Chase people"....  Read again? Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  Thanks for the clarification!  

Just trying to see which debit card is for "special Chase people"....  Read again? Smiley Happy

Unless it earns rewards, I've lost interest.

Message 26 of 49
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone can get a debit card, Lol.

Umm no. This was quite some time ago and they had different types of debit cards, which were connected to the amounts on deposit. I forget what it was, but not everyone had this debit card. There was the normal debit card which most people had, but there was another one which flagged the customer as an important client. I only saw one in person. Again this was long ago.

;
Message 27 of 49
Shock
Established Contributor

i used mine at a KFC/Taco Bell once. He asked me what the requirements were. I gave him the answer I give everyone:

"You have to be good looking."

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 28 of 49
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I know there have been prior discussions about whether or not merchants have ever said anything about the CSP and I just thought I would share what happened today. I went into a burger king and used my CSP to pay. The clerk at the register asked my permission to show the card to the other clerk that was next to him because she had never seen one before. Clearly they had discussed the card earlier because he reacted the instant he saw it. I am kind of suprised because I live in a pretty high end area so I am sure there are lots of people with the card walking around, but maybe she was new. 

LOL, maybe they were making fun of you?Smiley Tongue

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 29 of 49
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

and people on this forum thought I was being pretentious when I said "impressing Burger King employees gets old, fast"

ha!

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.