Regular Contributor
altayar

CSP ... odds of approval?

So I've been wanting to get this card for a long time. I currently have 7 CC's open (most I opened this year). My current utilization is %41.

My credit score is in mid 600's I think. What are the odds of me being approved for the CSP? I should mention that I have 2 CC's with Chase right now.

Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: CSP ... odds of approval?

[ Edited ]

altayar wrote:

So I've been wanting to get this card for a long time. I currently have 7 CC's open (most I opened this year). My current utilization is %41.

My credit score is in mid 600's I think. What are the odds of me being approved for the CSP? I should mention that I have 2 CC's with Chase right now.

at 41% and bunch of inquiries this year I'd say 10% chance of success if that. generally CSP is reserved for 700+ scores. There are few people who claim they got it with scores much lower on whogavemecredit.com , but since those are primarily FAKO scores we don't know how reliable those numbers are.

Using Fico scores on creditboards credit pull database only two people recieved the card under 700 and they had 12+ year history with Chase or had a  698 with income of 150k+ a year.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
YahComb

utilization and new accounts are probably your biggest issue. as long as your income is fairly decent (ie you dont need to be making way over 50k) and you have a score close to 700, low utilization, and a clean report(including not too many new inqs and accounts) you stand a pretty good shot. decent sized credit lines also help(because of the 5K minimum credit limit). Pre-existing banking relationship may or may not be much of a big help.

EQ-728(03/31/14) TU-761(03/19/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 7.5K | Disc It 9K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 2.67yr AAOA: 21.8 mo
Valued Contributor
rootpooty

distantarray wrote:

altayar wrote:

at 41% and bunch of inquiries this year I'd say 10% chance of success if that. generally CSP is reserved for 700+ scores. There are few people who claim they got it with scores much lower on whogavemecredit.com , but since those are primarily FAKO scores we don't know how reliable those numbers are.

Using Fico scores on creditboards credit pull database only two people recieved the card under 700 and they had 12+ year history with Chase or had a  698 with income of 150k+ a year.

agreed

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+