Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP ... odds of approval?

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

CSP ... odds of approval?

So I've been wanting to get this card for a long time. I currently have 7 CC's open (most I opened this year). My current utilization is %41.

My credit score is in mid 600's I think. What are the odds of me being approved for the CSP? I should mention that I have 2 CC's with Chase right now.

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: CSP ... odds of approval?

@altayar wrote:

So I've been wanting to get this card for a long time. I currently have 7 CC's open (most I opened this year). My current utilization is %41.

My credit score is in mid 600's I think. What are the odds of me being approved for the CSP? I should mention that I have 2 CC's with Chase right now.

at 41% and bunch of inquiries this year I'd say 10% chance of success if that. generally CSP is reserved for 700+ scores. There are few people who claim they got it with scores much lower on whogavemecredit.com , but since those are primarily FAKO scores we don't know how reliable those numbers are.

Using Fico scores on creditboards credit pull database only two people recieved the card under 700 and they had 12+ year history with Chase or had a  698 with income of 150k+ a year.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 4
YahComb
Established Contributor

utilization and new accounts are probably your biggest issue. as long as your income is fairly decent (ie you dont need to be making way over 50k) and you have a score close to 700, low utilization, and a clean report(including not too many new inqs and accounts) you stand a pretty good shot. decent sized credit lines also help(because of the 5K minimum credit limit). Pre-existing banking relationship may or may not be much of a big help.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 3 of 4
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@altayar wrote:

at 41% and bunch of inquiries this year I'd say 10% chance of success if that. generally CSP is reserved for 700+ scores. There are few people who claim they got it with scores much lower on whogavemecredit.com , but since those are primarily FAKO scores we don't know how reliable those numbers are.

Using Fico scores on creditboards credit pull database only two people recieved the card under 700 and they had 12+ year history with Chase or had a  698 with income of 150k+ a year.

agreed

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.