Valued Contributor

CSP or CS?

not apping just looking what would be worth the better if i have the freedom + checking combo? is it really a good card?

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor

Re: CSP or CS?

This is my thought.. use freedom for 5% categories then transer them to CSP and use it for travel or get extra 7% on top of rewaards earned.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Established Contributor

If you want to be able to transfer points to partner programs, pay alot of forex fees, spend a lot on travel, or use points for travel frequently, the Sapphire Preferred may be right for you.  It makes Freedom's points a lot more valuable because you can combine points and transfer them or get the discounted rate on pay with points, so you have to consider that.  I also have to say, the regular Sapphire doesn't bring much to the table over the Freedom/checking combo, it would only make sense to use it on dining purchases of $10 or more and you get no extra benefits.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Frequent Contributor

afbar1114 wrote:

not apping just looking what would be worth the better if i have the freedom + checking combo? is it really a good card?

Get the CSP for the 40,000 point sign-up bonus and PC to the CS before the annual fee hits in a year.

Valued Contributor

Im going to ask for a cli on my freedom first. I am looking to buy a ring any ways

Valued Contributor

Or get csp and buy ring since it will take up most of $3k

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.