Valued Contributor
afbar1114

CSP or CS?

not apping just looking what would be worth the better if i have the freedom + checking combo? is it really a good card?

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Re: CSP or CS?

This is my thought.. use freedom for 5% categories then transer them to CSP and use it for travel or get extra 7% on top of rewaards earned.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Established Contributor
Koop10010

If you want to be able to transfer points to partner programs, pay alot of forex fees, spend a lot on travel, or use points for travel frequently, the Sapphire Preferred may be right for you.  It makes Freedom's points a lot more valuable because you can combine points and transfer them or get the discounted rate on pay with points, so you have to consider that.  I also have to say, the regular Sapphire doesn't bring much to the table over the Freedom/checking combo, it would only make sense to use it on dining purchases of $10 or more and you get no extra benefits.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

afbar1114 wrote:

not apping just looking what would be worth the better if i have the freedom + checking combo? is it really a good card?

Get the CSP for the 40,000 point sign-up bonus and PC to the CS before the annual fee hits in a year.

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Im going to ask for a cli on my freedom first. I am looking to buy a ring any ways

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Or get csp and buy ring since it will take up most of $3k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}