Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP or nah?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP or nah?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there benefit to the FU over the F? I feel like the 5% rotating categories is a great perk and the categories have been relevant to my purchases. I figured all of my non category purchases will be on the CSP anyway.. I just wanted to apply for the FU for the sign up bonus.

only you know what card would fit the best but you should have done it yesterday if you were thinking about a cold app as the hp might have been combined

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

biting nails deciding which to apply for freedom or csp, i pre-qual on chase site for both. CreditKarma points me towards freedom more than csp.

experian fico8 658
equifax fico8 677
transunion fico8 646

10k amex as auth user
300 total visa (most recent late was 6mo ago, card opened for 1.5 years)
700 fortiva (opened in april)
1500 overstock/comenity (opened in jan)

all have less than 3% util if not zero.

2 collections, medical bill ($85) from 2012, capital one ($582) from 2014 - ALL PAID

have mortgage and auto loan wells fargo is current but was past due 6 mo ago

Dont want to get denied but ive read that csp isnt too hard to get and i travel and eat out alot so the rewards and 5k CLI would be big help.

would chase rely on my amex CL much since its auth user or focus more on late payments?
Message 22 of 28
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
biting nails deciding which to apply for freedom or csp, i pre-qual on chase site for both. CreditKarma points me towards freedom more than csp.

experian fico8 658
equifax fico8 677
transunion fico8 646

10k amex as auth user
300 total visa (most recent late was 6mo ago, card opened for 1.5 years)
700 fortiva (opened in april)
1500 overstock/comenity (opened in jan)

all have less than 3% util if not zero.

2 collections, medical bill ($85) from 2012, capital one ($582) from 2014 - ALL PAID

have mortgage and auto loan wells fargo is current but was past due 6 mo ago

Dont want to get denied but ive read that csp isnt too hard to get and i travel and eat out alot so the rewards and 5k CLI would be big help.

would chase rely on my amex CL much since its auth user or focus more on late payments?

why would you be on the fence between totally different products?  credit karma is to monitor account changes, nothing more so I hope your posted scores are from a different source with true F8s #s.  to me your profile looks weak for chase.  if you see that you are pre-approved you will most lightly get something but it will be a combination of a low cl or a >% or both.  to be honest I would be surprised if chase gave you a csp at the $5K min of a sig card. that aside if your desire a shot of a higher sl do the csp as the freedoms historically have low sl as they are a quarter 5% card, totally different than a travel points card.  if you have a branch I advise apping from there and see if you have a pre-approval there as well as you always have a better shot at a branch.  dont open up any worthless cards, no store cards and never be late going forward would be my advice.  use a cc like a charge card.  the csp is a quality product, if you get approved and pif it and dont f them over good things will happen to you in the furture so I wish you good luck.  post your result here please.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are my true fico8's from myfico

based on your comments maybe ill try freedom unlimited first and build good history with chase, seems like many people get offer for CSP down the line i dont want to waste the HP if theres a chance i wont be approved, ill try the branch first and see for sure just before making final decision

Message 24 of 28
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
they are my true fico8's from myfico

based on your comments maybe ill try freedom unlimited first and build good history with chase, seems like many people get offer for CSP down the line i dont want to waste the HP if theres a chance i wont be approved, ill try the branch first and see for sure just before making final decision

let me be more clear, if you go into a branch and a csp pre-approval shows up you will probably get the card.  that is what I would do.  why bother with a lesser card and try and work your way up to better ones when you can start near the top, eh...you said you travel, get what you want or wait is what I would suggest.  I just had a friend get a 100K csr on 3/10.  she has been on debit cards for 7 years.  long story.  anyhow she used to have a chase card for 23 years a decade ago.  apped at a 633 ex and got a $22K sl.  I could not believe it until I read the paper the csr came on and said her internal score was 732.  she also got a $39K ink.  amazing.  my point is you lost 100% of the shots you don't take.  good luck, post your sl here

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So today I finally pulled the plug and did it!, my experian fico8 score was at 661, income is 101k/year, 1 charge off credit card from 2008 (i paid the collection company but original creditor still has account on my report, wrote goodwill letter to remove waiting on answer).  AU on my moms Amex limit of 12k, have my own overstock card for 1500k, fortiva visa 700, and total visa 300 all with less than 4% util.  The total visa only has 6 months of good payment history, was late a few times before but last 6 months have been solid and kept balance low.  I have no chase cards ever.  I signed up for chase's credit monitoring service and decided today what the heck, the pre-approval came up and I wanted the CSP, so boom, approved immediately for CSP with 5K, card on the way in 7-10 days.  Can't wait! Thank you chase!! Hard work paying off collections and paying on time does wonders.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just keep up the on time payments and low utilization and your score will be up in the 700s before you know it.

Message 27 of 28
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So today I finally pulled the plug and did it!, my experian fico8 score was at 661, income is 101k/year, 1 charge off credit card from 2008 (i paid the collection company but original creditor still has account on my report, wrote goodwill letter to remove waiting on answer).  AU on my moms Amex limit of 12k, have my own overstock card for 1500k, fortiva visa 700, and total visa 300 all with less than 4% util.  The total visa only has 6 months of good payment history, was late a few times before but last 6 months have been solid and kept balance low.  I have no chase cards ever.  I signed up for chase's credit monitoring service and decided today what the heck, the pre-approval came up and I wanted the CSP, so boom, approved immediately for CSP with 5K, card on the way in 7-10 days.  Can't wait! Thank you chase!! Hard work paying off collections and paying on time does wonders.

well played, congrats.  um, what do you have from 2008?  what is the dofd/dola on that account?  7 years of reporting is the max, you could just call up and have that removed in real time if you want if its older than 7.  get rid of any cards you dont need, like most of yours lol.  do not apply for any store card ever.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.