Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP point transfer question for vacation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP point transfer question for vacation

I'm thinking of doing 7 days in Vegas at the Marriott's Grand Chateau and its 245k points. I have 227 so I need 18k. Should I transfer it from my CSP UR points to Marriott, and if so, how long does the transfer take? I want to book it asap and not lose rate. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: CSP point transfer question for vacation

I’m not going to weigh in on whether you should transfer URs to Marriott, but if you do the transfer will be super quick.  The transfer usually happens almost instantly, never longer than a day for me.  I’ve transferred URs to Southwest and to Marriott before.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking of doing 7 days in Vegas at the Marriott's Grand Chateau and its 245k points. I have 227 so I need 18k. Should I transfer it from my CSP UR points to Marriott, and if so, how long does the transfer take? I want to book it asap and not lose rate. Thanks

1.redeem ur points for hotel is not a good option.,as ur points worth 3x hotel points

2.the rate at marriott grand chateau is cheap, a simple 7 day from may 11 round up to 1520$,and so divide by 245k~0.6cpp,not very good redemption of marriott points

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I misspoke and its 8 nights. But either way that's all free since I never spent any AFs to get those points. I don't know what to do. Now I'm thinking NYC. By the way, I have 100k on AAdvantage but it seems hard to find flights. I thought that was two first class tickets.

Message 4 of 10
bch238
Regular Contributor

Do you mean that you are going to use 18k UR points and transfer to Marriott?  Or are you saying that you have 227k UR points, and you need 18k more UR points to transfer a full 245k UR points to Marriott?  If the former, then the transfer is instantaneous.  If the latter, then it would still be instantaneous, but it might be an egregious crime to do it.  ;-),  Using UR for cash back probably is a better deal (245k UR points are worth $2,450).  You also need to factor in the 5th night free as a Marriott member.  Good luck.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No no it's Marriott points. I have 55k UR but need 18k Marriott for the 8 day trip. But I'm gonna look in NYC now.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyatt has a LOT better value for those same points.  I'd look into using them there instead.  I have 7 nights lined up in Hong Kong for 120k points.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You obviously want to do it so go ahead. it's your points. Everyone is going to give you their opinion on why or why not you should or shouldn't do this. You want to do it to get a free trip, so go ahead. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Decided to hold off. I did sign up for Hyatt account so if I decide to get the card I already I an account. I like the two nights at any Hyatt.

Message 9 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

When are you planning on going? I would HIGHLY recommend the cosmopolitan over any other marriott out there. If you spend $800 at the cosmopolitan on your room rate (and opt to earn identity points as opposed to marriott points) you'll earn 4,000 identity points, which gets you another free night at the cosmopolitan. Rates are VERY cheap the first week in july (ranging from 120-260, mostly in the 120s though) for a standard room. You'd spend about $2000 on room rate, and then between gambling and other purchases in the hotel (restaurants, spa, shopping) if you spend another $2000 that will get you 20,000 identity points which is a guaranteed 2 free nights at the cosmo on your next visit. Smiley Very Happy 

Plus the hotel is fantastic. 

If you opt to earn marriott points, that same spend ($2000) will earn you 20,000 marriott points or 40,000 (for the $4000) spend. 2 free nights at the cosmo would be 90,000 points. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.