cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP product change options?

tag
jeff318

CSP product change options?

Does anyone have experience changing CSP to something without an annual fee?  I convinced my wife to sign up for it for the bonus, but now we don't need her account anymore because she's an AU on my card... I'd prefer not to just cancel outright, but if I had to that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Also - she would prefer not to speak with them, since she's not as well-versed in all of this credit business as I am.  Can I call (as an AU on her card) to discuss this change?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: CSP product change options?

just send a email or talk to a rep online much easier, "I would like to change my card to a non-annual fee version etc"

just gotta do it when the annual fee hits, the card act states they can't charge it to you if you want to change within 30 days of it hitting. you can't change it prior I don't believe could be wrong though.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 5
jeff318

Sent a secure message, they offered the regular Sapphire card. Works for me!

Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jeff318 wrote:

Sent a secure message, they offered the regular Sapphire card. Works for me!

yea you can change it to annual fee to non annual fee etc, but you can't product change a sapphire to a freedom within a year. Change it to a Freedom when the year is up =) or a Ink 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@jeff318 wrote:

Does anyone have experience changing CSP to something without an annual fee?  I convinced my wife to sign up for it for the bonus, but now we don't need her account anymore because she's an AU on my card... I'd prefer not to just cancel outright, but if I had to that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Also - she would prefer not to speak with them, since she's not as well-versed in all of this credit business as I am.  Can I call (as an AU on her card) to discuss this change?

There was a prior post here regarding a PC from CSP to regular Sapphire.  Apparently that can be done quite easily:

http://www.relentlessfinancialimprovement.com/2012/11/downgrade-your-credit-card-to-avoid.html#!/201...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.