Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP "customer service"

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP "customer service"

I agree, it seems as if the reps are always "hateful" or "rude" if we call in and don't immediately get what we want. OP, you called CSP service requesting service for a different account. Perhaps in the future just call the backdoor # for the credit analyst and get things done that way.

We as a society have become big babies always wanting things ourways, and whining when we don't get them.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 35
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
Doescsp have its own reps compared to other chase cards? Maybe you got someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed Smiley Tongue i would suggest calling again.

They have their own reps based in the US but they can help you with any of your cards which is why I whipped out my CSP to find the number lol. I have to say Capital one reps are better lol. 

Chase analyst's and verification team are pretty good but my first experience with Chase CSR leave a sour taste in my mouth specially from CSR's is a selling point for a Card lol 

You're absolutely insane! LOL  (just kidding! :-P) CSP reps are some of the best in the business. 

Message 12 of 35
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

I agree, it seems as if the reps are always "hateful" or "rude" if we call in and don't immediately get what we want. OP, you called CSP service requesting service for a different account. Perhaps in the future just call the backdoor # for the credit analyst and get things done that way.

We as a society have become big babies always wanting things ourways, and whining when we don't get them.

100% agree. Calling CSP reps regarding non-CSP things is an abuse of the system. Just my opinion. (I understand the want to do it, but I just think that doing it will make things worse in the long run.)

Message 13 of 35
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I am guilty of calling the csp number nor non related csp things. All I did was call to get my Marriott card shipped out faster. I hate having to hit a hundred buttons to get to talk to someone. I'm shocked about Amex I feel like it asks way to much info before I can get to someone
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 14 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@NegotiatorRogerSmith wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I called the number to ask for a few things ... One thing was about the new Marriott card that i got approved and one was to move $500 from the Chase Sapphire ( not the CSP) to my Amazon Visa to bump up my Amazon Visa to a respectable level and she while wasn't rude directly her voice said (Blank) (Blank).... Very Rude tone in her voice right off the back almost decided to hang up and try again.

I figured the reps would be better considering it is a "perk" of theirs 

Must be an anomaly... CSP is by far the best I've experienced. Like others, I call them with ANY of my Chase card questions/concerns. Their team is the only one that has kept me from escalating to EO/OoP, which I use as first point of contact to receive similar level of service from AMEX, Barclays, CapOne, DSNB, or Citi.

I'm really surprised to read what you experienced, and it shouldn't set your expectation on what to expect. Like any call center, if bad rep, hang up, call back... will save you a lot of time in the long run and spare you a headache.

Takes two people to have a conversation and without a voice call recording it's awfully difficult to discern why the call went the way it did.

Generally speaking, it's a lot easier to get information if you have a specific question, whereas the slew of questions about cards unrelated to the CSP I can understand the CSR's fustruation, though whether the response was warranted or not is a different topic altogether.  I took on the order of 10000 calls when I was at Dell, I can count on a single finger the times I hung up on a customer after telling him off (dude threatened to kill me over whatever the prior techs had done, felt it was warranted in that case) so it's difficult for me to understand any rationale for going down that route though we're just a different society than when I was taking calls nearly two decades ago.

Oh she had this tone even before I told her it was about a different card. When she first spoke and asked for my name I was about to hang up

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 15 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I called the number to ask for a few things ... One thing was about the new Marriott card that i got approved and one was to move $500 from the Chase Sapphire ( not the CSP) to my Amazon Visa to bump up my Amazon Visa to a respectable level and she while wasn't rude directly her voice said (Blank) (Blank).... Very Rude tone in her voice right off the back almost decided to hang up and try again.

I figured the reps would be better considering it is a "perk" of theirs 

whats a respectable level?

Maybe a more Polite tone?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 16 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Can't call the Backdoor number to move limits .... Wanted to move part of my Chase Sapphire limit which by the way has the same phone # and just wanted to see something about the Marriott card. She had that tone straight out of the gate.   

Message 17 of 35
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I have to disagree with Kenny. A CSP cardholder calling the CSP line is not abusing the system. If anything, it's sending a message of support to Chase that the customer values the skill set of these agents. Further, call center metrics are used when it comes time to hire new agents. Call centers are getting on the JD Power bandwagon and finding that US based call centers are raising their satisfaction numbers greatly. By calling the CSP line for an IHG question you are supporting the US economy. I'm a long time Honda owner but I won't buy another one because they've opened up shop in Mexico. Next car will be a Toyota built in Mississippi or a VW built in Tennessee. I'm not trying to start a debate on off shoring btw. If blowing up the phone lines at CSP CS results in Chase hiring a new class at that call center, we all win. For the record, I've never gotten a non-US based agent when calling in regarding my IHG card. During college, I worked in an airline call center.
Message 18 of 35
bch238
Regular Contributor

CSP reps have specifically told me more than once (without my asking) that I can call them to handle business on either my Marriott or Freedom accounts.  They have always done a great job.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 19 of 35
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:
I am guilty of calling the csp number nor non related csp things. All I did was call to get my Marriott card shipped out faster. I hate having to hit a hundred buttons to get to talk to someone. I'm shocked about Amex I feel like it asks way to much info before I can get to someone

I've never had to enter a bunch of things when I call amex. If I call the number on the back of my BCP the automated system asks me for my card number, and within about 30 seconds of hold time I'm talking to a human.

Never called on my CSP, but from the way the OP describes it, it sounds like poor "body" language. You'd expected better trained CSRs for their premium products, but it's not uncommon for less experienced CSRs to assume that since they can't be seen, then their body language doesn't matter.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.