Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP, should I keep?

Thanks for the replies.

Here is a list of my other Chase cards:
Amazon 3k
Ink Plus 5k
Marriott 7k
Freedom 10k

I'm leaning towards just closing it and transferring the limit. I think if i downgrade it, I still won't use it much.
Message 11 of 33
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Here is a list of my other Chase cards:
Amazon 3k
Ink Plus 5k
Marriott 7k
Freedom 10k

I'm leaning towards just closing it and transferring the limit. I think if i downgrade it, I still won't use it much.

If you can downgrade to cs I would do that .I think having 2x on dining is pretty good? Since you have ink plus you can use that to transfer to airline partners . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 33
Shock
Established Contributor

Can't you get blacklisted for being a churner?

Or wont something happen if they catch on?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 13 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah Shock. There's some reports out there and to be honest, is my biggest reservation about doing anything other than paying the AF for another year.
Message 14 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Doing it once is fine, people close cards for all sorts of reasons.  If you kept applying, getting the bonus and closing, issuers would (eventually) mind, but now chase has the 24 month rule, you can't do that all that often.

Message 15 of 33
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:
My AF is due in a fee days and I was originally going to pay it. However, i just don't use this card like I thought I would. I guess you could say I got it for the bonus last year. It's 15k limit so I'm thinking of just closing it and moving the limit to Freedom which is at 10k. Any thoughts?

OP I'm not using my CSP at all so I just PC'ed it to the non AF CS. I needed at least $5K on the card to complete the PC so keep that in mind before moving the balance to another card.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't use it, don't pay for it.
Message 17 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I went ahead and closed CSP. I was able to transfer 14.6k credit to Freedom. What a night and day difference from Comenity. The whole call took under 5 minutes.
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
I went ahead and closed CSP. I was able to transfer 14.6k credit to Freedom. What a night and day difference from Comenity. The whole call took under 5 minutes.

Different target audience Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know Nixon. The Comenity card i applied for had $149 AF.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.