Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP use to be thicker?

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

CSP use to be thicker?

I saw this while googling some images: http://imageshack.com/a/img577/835/qdmn.jpg

Did the CSP use to be thicker? Cause that is huge! 3 times the size of my CSP.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: CSP use to be thicker?

I believe the card in the pick was one called Chase Sapphire Preferred Preferred card. It was a card to be more in line the the Amex Platinum. Chase wanted a real heft to the card as I remember. Also from what I remember Chase had trouble with the card thickness getting it to fit on some sliders and machines.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 13
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Here is the article I remember seeing.

http://pointsenvy.com/2012/03/17/chase-planning-to-release-sapphire-preferred-preferred/

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 13
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the card used to be thicker... I really liked the original design but from what I understand there were some issues with the original design. I think the new design made it easier to implement the new EMV chip feature. I handle quite a bit of cards and the original was much heavier as well.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 4 of 13
nois
Regular Contributor

It didn't used to be THAT thick did it? 

It looks like five or six CSP cards stacked together looking closely at those photos.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 5 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

I saw this while googling some images: http://imageshack.com/a/img577/835/qdmn.jpg

Geez...that is THICK! That would definitely have issues with some swipers.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

Here is the article I remember seeing.

http://pointsenvy.com/2012/03/17/chase-planning-to-release-sapphire-preferred-preferred/

Thanks for sharing the link.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 13
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info.

And Chase Sapphire Preferred Preferred? That has got to be a joke by someone or one of the stupidest ideas of a name I've ever heard! Whoever's idea this was needs to get fired and get a new design team.

Message 8 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

And Chase Sapphire Preferred Preferred? That has got to be a joke by someone or one of the stupidest ideas of a name I've ever heard! Whoever's idea this was needs to get fired and get a new design team.

Yep, I suspect the article is a joke, or the author is being misled.  No branding team would allow that name!

Message 9 of 13
negg
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

Geez...that is THICK! That would definitely have issues with some swipers.

Holy cow, you've uncovered the worlds first Iphone/CC combined.  

I can guarantee you that card will not fit in my cc machine.  Manual input. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.