Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP vs CSR, both or one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP vs CSR, both or one?

At this point, is it even worthwhile to have a CSP along with a CSR? It looks like CSR is better in every single category, minus the slightly higher annual fee (95 vs 150). What do you guys think? For those with CSP applying for the CSR, what are you planning to do with your CSP?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP vs CSR, both or one?

C$R AF is $450.
Message 2 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
C$R AF is $450.

C$R wide-ranging travel credit is $300. If you were going to spend $300 on various hotels and flight snacks anyway, it's prepaid in that case.

Plus the 3 UR points instead of 2 with CSP

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your spending. If you travel a lot then it makes sense to have CSR and not CSP. If you think $450 is too much to pay for the 2nd year, then you can downgrade to CSP. 

I think just get either CSP or CSR. You don't need both. 

Message 4 of 18
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

I would not suggest having both. If you can justify the AF and use the benefits of the C$R then I would go with that one. If you don't travel that much, maybe the CSP if better for you.
I plan on applying for the C$R and downgrading my CSP to a FU. Eventually I will get the Freedom as well but have to wait for another new account to fall off (I'm 4/24 right now).
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 5 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'd suggest both for year one, if you can meet minimum spend for both bonuses. Then downgrade the CSP to a FU, and also have a regular freedom. Max earning potential.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'd suggest both for year one, if you can meet minimum spend for both bonuses. Then downgrade the CSP to a FU, and also have a regular freedom. Max earning potential.

Best response.

Message 7 of 18
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

Hopefully I can get approved and depending on my SL I can convert my CSP to Freedom and maybe move some of my credit line over if needed
FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 8 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Well, looks like OP already has the CSP, so this is more a question of keeping both in the long run.

There's nothing CSP does that CSR cannot do so if you get CSR I'd close or PC the CSP.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Well, looks like OP already has the CSP, so this is more a question of keeping both in the long run.

There's nothing CSP does that CSR cannot do so if you get CSR I'd close or PC the CSP.

+1  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.