Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP vs. TYPremier

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CSP vs. TYPremier

I think there's one thing that everyone is missing.

You get 1 point as well for EACH mile you fly. Your spending has to match your flying.

So effectively, if you fly enough, it's at least a 2% everything card at the minimum, 3% for travel, 4% for dining and entertainment.

And free companion air ticket (domestic).

The Thank You Premier is a really good card if you can spend a lot, and fly a lot. 

If not, go with the CSP.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I think there's one thing that everyone is missing.

You get 1 point as well for EACH mile you fly. Your spending has to match your flying.

So effectively, if you fly enough, it's at least a 2% everything card at the minimum, 3% for travel, 4% for dining and entertainment.

And free companion air ticket (domestic).

The Thank You Premier is a really good card if you can spend a lot, and fly a lot. 

If not, go with the CSP.

My reference to "flight miles" which is what Premier calls them was the reference to that!  

I think "Your spending has to match your flying" is perhaps the wrong way around.   More "Your flying has to be matched by your spending" for the flight points to become TYP, and the problem is that the spend has to be on the Premier, which currently doesn't have great rewards.

Is your 2,3,4% based on the possible new reward structure?  With the current rewards, this is often cited as 2.66% (because you can redeem 1 point = 1.33c)

Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

my calculations was based on the new reward structure. i did not factor in the 33% bonus when you redeem for travel, so that's an additional bonus. i forgot about that Smiley Surprised

for people who fly international routes often, these flight miles add up really quickly too

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.