Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP vs Thank You Prem

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP vs Thank You Prem

I love the TY Premier for the flight points and am currently banking my TY points, hoping the rumored British/Singapore Airlines transfer partnership happens. Citi has to be revising ThankYou, it has a lot of potential but is currently lackluster. Chase Ultimate Rewards is a much better program, higher value points and better options like Marriot, Hyatt, and United Airlines. If Citi gets American Airlines in ThankYou, it would be a major shift for the program.

Message 11 of 14
bs6054
Valued Contributor

In a typical case of asking but then doing what I wanted to do anyway:  Just applied for Premier and got instant approval (which surprised me as I just got the Preferred), so now Citi is my biggest credit provider. 

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I was going to post about my wife's experiences with the card (I have csp, she has ty premier), but I guess its moot now. I will say we have been able to make use of the companion ticket, but haven't ever gotten more than $125 in value out of it, since the ticket price through spirit is ALWAYS more expensive than any other route. She uses the card as her primary and doesn't have a forward, so that may allow you to accumulate points faster than she has. she flies a different airline just about every time for work and uses her points for short haul flights in the rocky mtn region. For that type of redemption, she often seems to get as much or more value as I would get using UR points. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 13 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

In a typical case of asking but then doing what I wanted to do anyway:  

I find this to be the best reason of all.  When I really wanna know what I want to do, I flip a coin.  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.