Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP with EMV

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP with EMV

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm still having mixed feelings about it...looks good but I probably will keep mine the way it is. However, reading from other forums I heard that Chase will convert all CSPs with the EMV.. anyways, anyone trying to keep theirs w/o the chip?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 51 of 101
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

My card was coming apart so they went ahead and sent me the new style as well as the old style... they will both work unlike amex where once you convert you can only use the EMV card.

I think it actually looks better and breaks up the blue a little.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 52 of 101
H4LO
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

My card was coming apart so they went ahead and sent me the new style as well as the old style... they will both work unlike amex where once you convert you can only use the EMV card.

I think it actually looks better and breaks up the blue a little.

This coincides with what the gentleman told me. Same card, same numbers just the additon of the chip. He said the old one will continue to work. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 53 of 101
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm still having mixed feelings about it...looks good but I probably will keep mine the way it is. However, reading from other forums I heard that Chase will convert all CSPs with the EMV.. anyways, anyone trying to keep theirs w/o the chip?

Well, eventually all issuers in the US will put EMV on all their cards, to avoid liability shift from MC/Visa.  So keeping it in the long term is unlikely to be possible.

Message 54 of 101
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

[Deleted by DigitalArk]
Message 55 of 101
Johnnyblaze1986
Valued Member

Surprisingly, it looks real good.
Current Score: EX: 802 TU: 793 EQ: 790 / Last App: 04/11/2014 / In the garden until I find a house I like.

Citi Dividend $14,000Amex Blue Cash Preferred $14,000Chase Ink Cash $12,500Sallie Mae $12,500BOA Business Cash Back Rewards $10,000Chase Sapphire Preferred $8,500 Capital One Quicksilver $1,000     
Message 56 of 101
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Strange.  My CSP is a WMC and there were no issues with my request.

That said, I received a shiny new CSP WMC with no EMV yesterday.  There are comments here that WMC cannot be converted but there are also comments elsewhere that WMC's cannot be converted until 11/8.  Waiting to hear back from Chase via SM.

EDIT: FWIW, CSR says WMC's will be available with EMV after 11/8.

Message 57 of 101
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Sent a SM to Chase looks like I I will be getting the new card in 1-2 days, quick and easy. Now I will finally have two EMV cards w/o having to app for a new card.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 58 of 101
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

So I did send a secure mesage asking if my currect CSP MasterCard be converted to a CSP MasterCard with EMV. I received the following response:

As part of our expanded relationship with Visa, our MasterCard credit card will be replaced with a Visa card. Hence, you do not have an option for a Mastercard on your
Chase Sapphire account.

So there it is! This message is consistent with Chase moving soley to VISA products. I know I've heard of a few others saying there were told by Chase they could have a CSP MC with EMV. For those that were told this, I would like to know the results when you actually see your new card when it comes in the mail.

Message 59 of 101
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I think someone posted a picture already, but here's another one. No, this is not my card...

I called in and requested mine today. The rep said to me, "You are very well-informed. That card just started being offered on October 31st, and I'm glad I didn't have to tell you it wasn't available. A bunch of people called on the 31st to ask for one." I replied to him by saying, " What can I say. It's the interweb's fault."

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 60 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.