Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP with chip?

tag
NewBreed
New Contributor

CSP with chip?

I have my CSP but it doesnt look like the one on the Chase website..... the picture has this little chip under where it says CSP.

What is that?

Is it something i need?

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP with chip?

Yes, it's an EMV chip.  The CSP just recently got upgraded to have this feature.  If you plan on traveling abroad, it's a decent feature to have.

Message 2 of 15
mikhro
Valued Member

That is an option you need to request. Since chips are not widely as used in the US as in the European or Asian countries, I believe with Chase this feature is not standard (as with Amex).

I have a chip on my Amex, and have never found a chip reader to this point. Not saying there arent any, but just that I havent bumped into one.

If you want the chip, call or secure message Chase. They'll take care of you Smiley Happy

In the garden until June 2014
Message 3 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@mikhro wrote:

That is an option you need to request. Since chips are not widely as used in the US as in the European or Asian countries, I believe with Chase this feature is not standard (as with Amex).

I have a chip on my Amex, and have never found a chip reader to this point. Not saying there arent any, but just that I havent bumped into one.

If you want the chip, call or secure message Chase. They'll take care of you Smiley Happy

Eventually all CSPs will include EMV chips as standard feature, according to the CSR rep over the phone when I called in to request mine.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

They automatically sent aother one with chip to me after I requested one. Now I have two with chips, plus two without chips!
Message 5 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DigitalArk wrote:
They automatically sent aother one with chip to me after I requested one. Now I have two with chips, plus two without chips!

Well, at least on the upside you have plenty of spares to last for a while.  As one gets worn out from frequent usage, then it saves you from contacting them and reissuing a replacement.  You can pretend to be surprised when you pull out a new one from your stash  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@FinStar

Haha...it sounds like a winner! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 15
L-TWT
Established Contributor

FYI, all CSP accts opened after 11/18/13 suppose to automatically include the EMV chip, and boy am I fighting the urge not to apply!

Message 8 of 15
YanYan

For us cheapskates, does the regular Chase Sapphire also come in chip version?
Message 9 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@YanYan wrote:
For us cheapskates, does the regular Chase Sapphire also come in chip version?

No, the regular Chase Sapphire doesn't have the chip. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.