Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP?

tag
CopperHD
New Contributor

Re: CSP?

Normally I would say to wait as well but my recent dealings with Chase have been very successful.  I was approved for the SWRR Visa signature from Chase last month and Drapped for the CSP last week and was approved to my surprise for an even higher limit than my Southwest card.  My thoughts are the worst they can say is no right now and then you can better understand why there was a denial and apply in the future, then again tend to not worry about inquiries as much as I should.

Current Scores EQ (697) Tu (740) EX (705) Amex pull
Current Cards- Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex Zync (NPSL), Amex Hilton Honors Surpass ($3000), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12,000), Citi Simplicity ($10,900), Southwest Visa Signature ($10,500), Discover It ($4250), FNBO Amex ($4,000), First National Credit Card ($2000), Capital One Platinum ($2500 and $1750), Lowes ($6000) , Walmart Discover ($6000).
Message 11 of 24
ACcash
Established Member

@CoppherHD   Thanks for sharing your experience. Would you mind talking a little bit more about your background?

Message 12 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Chase tends to want to see history with higher CL's before approving their signature cards. Each profile is different and Chase uses an internal scoring method not FICO.

Others have suggested that you wait until your new cards have history. Which is excellent advice. If you decide to app and are declined would you be willing to move your CL from the UA? When they issued your UA was it a signature?
Message 13 of 24
ACcash
Established Member

Hi 09Lexie, thanks for the advice.

1) Yes. Putting util away, 8k is more than enough for me. I typically pay bills in full every month and my monthly income is just over 2k.

2) Yes. I was a little bit superised that Chase approved me at that time . Maybe that's because I am a frequent UA flyer (once every month)...

Message 14 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are going to app, I'd suggest doing it in a branch. The spend requirement is lower.

Good luck!
Message 15 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

It's better to wait to avoid being approved with a low limit.
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 16 of 24
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

The lowest you could be approved for is $5000 and based on the other cards you have already gotten, minus the other Chase card I would say that's a good limit for you to start with and Chase is good about CLI after usage (with hard pull though). I know I said wait earlier, but Chase has a good recon process (though not 100$ guaranteed success) and you could always move credit lines over. Depends on how bad you want the card!? Even if you were declined they would tell you the reason and in 6 months you could hopefully fix the issues they had by then and re-app just as planned before! Its a win, win if you don't mind possibly burning two inquires!? 

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 17 of 24
ACcash
Established Member

I see the idea of using inqueries anyway to have a shot and to get explainations in the worst case. Thanks!

I really don't mind getting the lowest limit 5k, even with the cost of lowering my 8k limit on my Chase UA card. For a grad student, 5k * 2 is already good enough. I do want this card, since I fly UA once a month NY <-> CA and CSP will boost my miles!

However, I just realize that the AMEX SPG card I've got this month requires ~5k spending in 6 months to get the initial bonus. With CSP that means ~8k spending within the next 6 months -- it's not bad but I don't want to push myself to spend money on nothing.

Message 18 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In that case, I guess you'll be waiting. In the end, that's probably a good idea.
Message 19 of 24
gsxrgt
New Contributor

I'd wait until you meet the spend requirement on the SPG to make sure you can get both. Grats on getting that btw, it's my next card I'm wanting. Chase giving you the 8K limit is a good sign and they generally work on a max limit per customer not so much per individual card so I would think worst case you'd have to split the limit from your UA card.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.